How often does something in your arch system break? what's the worst breakage you've had on arch?

how often does something in your arch system break? what's the worst breakage you've had on arch?

Attached: arch_linux.jpg (1400x787, 183.83K)

for me, never

none, I update every day

I've used Arch for 7 years and the worst I had was some driver instability the first few months of owning an RX 5700XT before it was patched up.

It depends on what you are calling a break. Sometimes some apps do not work in the some way after an update. Recently I found that suspend does not work on 5.19 kernel. While you have that kind of bugs you also get this bugs fixed faster. If a distro is non-rolling it does not mean that every peace of software is tested and works as intended. I know that on ubuntu the terminal emulator I use has a small bug while I have that bug fixed on the newer version. But I've never encountered things when I literally cant use computer after an update.

2 installs 2 times btrfs shit the bed
all ext4 from now on

I can't even update right now

Been using for ~2 months and I have not had the slightest bit of breakage.

Once my UI got inconsistent after the DE update.

My grub was broken because I didn't cared to reconfigure it after moving to another laptop, but I haven't noticed it for months because I never restart my computer.

>what's the worst breakage you've had on arch?
When I was stupid and renamed libraries to make them look like old version because why would that break anything?
It was just a manner of booting up live cd and reinstalling these libs.

I performed a highly advanced technical system configuration setup procedure, more advanced than anyone here could ever comprehend, and it has been running perfectly to specification for two weeks. I have stress tested the system with highly advanced technical multistage stochastic workloads such as
- playing a video
- surfing it on the internet
- writing a bash script that opens two c++ files in vim and then heavily editing those files using my keyboard device for several minutes and then saving the files
I wouldn't recommend running a workload like this as you may over stress your system and you're not an expert like I am so you won't know how to fix it

i recently couldnt launch anything in my desktop environment because of random issues with locales after update. Promptly installed fedora that day because i need my machine to be reliable.

what happened? i use btrfs with timeshift and it never broke anything.

Once at the beginning using system (7 years ago), but never since.

weekly updates avoid most problems

Been using Arch as my daily driver for about 10 months now. Biggest issue was when I enabled a user level systemd service that shat on my DE upon login and dropped me to a tty instead. But I figured it out after like a minute (it had been a day or so between enabling the service and rebooting).

Rarely break by now
Inb4 break often like linus did by basically only follow youtuber instructions

arch bros, are you able to just update things incrementally if you havent updated in a long time? i think windows does that, which is why it restarts multiple times when you do an overdue update

Since I started using Arch (about 3 years ago), I was fiddling with my x configurations, and switching DE and WM, enabling services, and one day it shat itself, probably because I was a noob.
Never since had something like this.

hasn't broken for me. I finally stopped hopping with arch. It just works. I was in gnome but now on kde.

almost every fucking time something breaks or i have a dependency shit error
just switched back to windows

Attached: 6c5onYYR1KI.jpg (603x603, 50.39K)

my method (for a long time without upgrading system) :
clean entirely package's cache directory
try to upgrade normally
let it break
install manually package /var/lib/pacman/pkg/archlinux-keyring....
re-upgrade

just werks

never.
only 'break' i had was in the first week after installing it - i misconfigured display server
advice: keep it updated

then use a real distro like ubuntu or fedora you tard

Usually it's just a matter of updating keyring first.
Sometimes it will fail anyway because some manual intervention was required, but that just matter of googling the error message.

same with fedora for some reason fucks my audio all the time

and fuck ubuntu

Not really broken, but currently im not able to update my system due to some signatures having "marginal trust". Tried updating the keys, but no dice.

only broke once so far, I just rolled back the btrfs snapshot and everything was fine

go to the pacman's cache directory, erase all ".sig" files for packages causing trouble, and install manually those packages or follow