Google intentionally ships broken font to Firefox users

Any Forums is going to defend this.
>Gmail is referencing different versions of this Google Sans font, under different circumstances.
>Gmail happens to offer me the bad version when I'm using Firefox, vs. the good version when I'm using Chrome.
>If I save a reduced testcase in Firefox and load it in Chrome, then Chrome reproduces the same "bumpy" layout.
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1784376

Attached: 1660631052614.png (544x444, 38.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Geary
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-Origin-works-best-on-Firefox
apps.kde.org/kmail2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No defending. Dirty tactics like this are Google's forte, it's been proven numerous times over the years.

It should be blatant that google is jewish asset

This is extra funny because they're not even exploiting a subtle firefox bug or something. they're literally just sniffing user-agent and serving different fonts with different checksums. if you spoof your user-agent to firefox in chrome, you'll get the broken font. this is so fucking brazen lmao

Attached: pretends-to-be-shocked-surprised.gif (220x127, 576.92K)

Kek

>Gmail web

Nah.

flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Geary

Attached: geary.png (1248x702, 374.78K)

sure its like 1 pixel off in some numbers, but no one will ever notice unless your a dpilet

Attached: 2022-08-15_23-35.png (1840x460, 12.99K)

Do no evil.

WTF I always scale my fonts 8x so I can read them and this is INSANE yo believe google would be decievng me like this!!

but why would they do this? what is there to be afraid of? firefox has such an insignificant (and shrinking) market share to chrome that it doesn't make sense. it sort of smells like this isn't intentional. like it's more so it sends good fonts to a browser (specifically only checking chrome maybe) and sending garbage to everything else (such as scrappers, random requests, etc.) and firefox just gets caught in the cross-fire

Attached: osaka_no_thoughts.png (649x490, 111.84K)

>but why would they do this? what is there to be afraid of?
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-Origin-works-best-on-Firefox

This is no surprise. FB also ships low quality image to Firefox Android.

if I'm going to be honest, I do not think this will make any noticeable difference. Normies don't know about this, nor care about this. It's the same thought behind people saying "Windows X is so bad that people will HAVE to switch to linux!" and then nothing happens. It didn't happen with 10, didn't with 11, and won't with manifest v3. Normies will just look at ads and be happy.

Normies don't install adblockers either

Such Jewish behaviour must not go unpunished.

It's probably not malicious. There probably used to be some bug in Firefox's text rendering, so the Gmail team built a custom font to counter the bug, and then firefox fixed the bug but gmail didn't revert the font.

Nope. I tested firefox 40, 50, 60, and 70. I cannot find a version of firefox that renders the font incorrectly

You're wrong. There was a bug in Firefox. No, I won't tell you the version. Yes, I will deny everything even if you test every single version of FF.

Does that support tree view for reply chains? Email is unusable without that.
apps.kde.org/kmail2/ works fine.

Now watch as the consumer law departments of governments worldwide do nothing about this.

To fuck with AI maybe.
Maybe we really are in an AI war.

Why do you think fonts would matter when the raw text is available as well?

I have never seen an ad on chromium. cope nigger.

imagine wasting your devs time to serve different fonts to shit on your (irrelevant) competitors.
kinda based ngl

bwc