Any adults here have a parent that calls like 3x a day...

any adults here have a parent that calls like 3x a day? my dad calls me to tell me what he had for lunch and to rehash his last three hours since he last called. is this normal and how do I politely decrease this?

Attached: 1650902259392.png (710x842, 279.8K)

You should appreciate your father while he is still alive. One day he will be gone and you will miss these phone calls.

wait until one of them dies and your gonna miss those calls.

Attached: 00pp.jpg (300x300, 9.92K)

Just start changing up the conversation and having fun. Throw him a curveball.
Don’t be a dick though. You’ll regret it.

do you have an example?

yeah I really love my dad, it's just I feel like I'm dropping whatever I'm doing to take a call constantly and a lot of times he's just rambling about his lunch or something that could totally wait until we meet for dinner for the 5th time this week

>What was mom like before she had kids?
>Did you date a lot when you were younger?
>What kind of problems did you get into when you were a kid?
>Did your dad beat you too?

He misses you. You can decrease this by seeing him in person more often and spending more time with him.

dude I know the answer to all of those...

i see him basically every day at least for dinner, sometimes even twice a day!

He's probably lonely and/or bored

yeah, I get that, but... isn't it weird to call so much?

Then suggest doing some new activities with him

then tell him you cannot always answer because work or school. of you do nothing all day and stay in your room he's probably checking on you, may think you are depressed. I've been through there and hearing someone else's voice helps.

Attached: 1454033294344.png (1049x943, 56.1K)

>i see him basically every day at least for dinner, sometimes even twice a day!
If thats the case, then yeah some separation probably is fair. Tell him you're gonna be starting some new routines during some of the days and times he calls

There is no polite way aside from being candid about your desire.

he cares and wants you reciprocating, don't be a nigger

Dad's probably just bored and lonely and wants to talk, you should put some youtube or something on when he calls.

I sometimes do get distracted but then he gets mad.

Maybe your dad is going through some issues and he's trying to distract himself. He might be leaning on you for support and you might not even realize it. What parent, let alone a father admit that to their child? most are trying to be the hero in their kid's lives.

it took a good 10-15 years (im 26) for me to STOP thinking of my parents, as parents, and think of them as people. Who had lives before me. They have feelings, they have pains. They have interests and hobbies.

Now Im closer than ever with them and cherish every moment. Having both happily married parents in my life is my rock dude. I literally tear up when I see a few more grey hairs on their heads.

Don't take your parents involvement/ interaction with you for granted. Just enjoy it.

Get him a girl friend, old people get hella lonely and will go buy stuff at the store just to talk to the cashier

My NPD parents would call my older golden child brother regularly. Some days my mom would talk to him ten times

>You need to worship your toxic parents
You need to die in a car accident

I wish my dad was dead

he's annoying like OPs dad?

I promise you, you stupid fucking faggot
No matter how bad the things your parents did to you are
The world is NOT going to treat you any better than they did.

no I sucked him off once when I was 17 and really horny and now he won't stop asking for more :\

>>Did your dad beat you too?
I legit lol’d.