Is it true that Linux helps old computers run better because it optimizes their resources?

Is it true that Linux helps old computers run better because it optimizes their resources?

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 6.93K)

The only reason Linux runs faster is because it isn't coded by pajeets working for $3 an hour and it isn't being bogged down by dozens of spyware processes.

yes

that has nothing to do with my post, retard. also imagine playing video games lol

if they were so skilled they wouldn't have broken the games and other software with the glibc update

>Rolling release users catch a problem.
>Problem is actively worked on.
Doesn't sound like a bad thing, but I also will admit I'm using a stable release distro and mainly play toaster games.

>>Problem is actively worked on.
>I’ve filed a Glibc bug hoping for a quick revert.
>Turns out other things are also broken.
>Most likely it will stay this way.
OH NONONONONO, fucken kek

Yeah, linux can.
And Windows are garbage with spyware coded by pajeets working for $5, kek.
>bua bua glibc broke my big kid toy buaaaaaaaa linux bad linux shit buaaaaaa
I only heard this in all of your fucking post, asshole.
Literally, windowns can broke all the computer with a secure update, so STFO.
>b-bu-but the RR distros...
This is your problem to use autistic RR distros like arch or void and not Bleeding Edges distros with enterprise support like Ubuntu, Fedora or OpenSUSE, no one give a shit for arch and your computer, fucker.

cope, it's not getting fixed like the other user said

what will happen to old computers when Linux finally abandons x86 architectures?

you vill install the cuck licence OS with no trim support

It's more like linux is the only thing a crappy old pc can run

because linux is open source, so there will be always a fucking autistic tranny fork or like distro where trannies with 20 year old hardware mantain some super optimized tranny shit for toasters.

Impossible to do on windows because management doesn't seem profitable for windows xp to steal marketshare off windows 10.

Attached: 157944839257.png (860x703, 46.85K)

so it's coded by trannies working for $0 an hour? how is this better?

>using meme rolling release
>get surprised when he gets meme'd on

trannies have autism.

>optimizing resources
no. what is that even supposed to mean?
>use less resources by default
would be the correct way to put it. debian with something like IceWM uses like 70MB of RAM on a cold boot.
then again, it all falls apart when you try to watch a YouTube video

You could say that to an extent. But mostly it helps if you don't run retarded bloatware.

what the hell is trim support?

There is no financial incentive to keep a commercial OS compatible with older systems. They need to promote consooming and adware.

Theoretically if the appropriate distribution that is specifically configured to do so it possible compared to a unconfigured windows install. If you just configure a appropriate version of windows then no.

it's needed for ssds to work properly
look it up