I don't get why they build skyscrapers straight up into the air, that's just stupidly dangerous...

I don't get why they build skyscrapers straight up into the air, that's just stupidly dangerous. They should build them flat on the ground then lift them up vertical with a crane or a helicopter, idk, I'm not a skyscraperologist am I.

Or better idea, dig a hole and build the skyscraper underground then fill the hole in and keep pulling it up in the air.

Attached: 800px-Old_timer_structural_worker2.jpg (800x640, 91.35K)

Where would you get the space to build the skyscraper on the ground? The whole reason to build a skyscraper is because it's a densely packed city and you need to build up instead of out.

I like the hole idea, but then they'd have to rename them mantlescrapers. It would be fun to look out the window on the bottom floor though and see worms such wriggling their way through the granite.

To complement subterranean buildings, stuff like water, gas, sewage lines could be suspended from telephone poles to make room.

ok, build it out of the city then put it on a truck, drive it somewhere near the right place then get the crane in. If there's skyscrapers around it then that helps because you can put ropes over them to help stand the new skyscraper up on its end.

>mantlescrapers
yeah, or groundscrapers

>put it on a truck
Bitch do you have any idea what a steel structure that size weighs
What you can actually do is build it in panels offsite and assemble the pieces onsite, like putting legos together. That's becoming more and more common

I mean a BIG truck. Like really really big. Bigger than any truck ever. Bigger than a skyscraper sized truck.

They already have those NASA crawlers that carry the space shuttle AND the tower from the building like 5 miles out to the pad. If a building is so big that it won't fit on one of those, it just isn't worth making.

Fine, I'll play along. How is this truck going to fit on the road? The roads in cities are way narrower than the city block the skyscraper would take up.

5 miles on a specially built road through an empty property. Not in a dense city center where skyscrapers are.

Well if all the buildings are all undergound, then it can just drive on the flat land above them. Then when you start delivering buildings to their above-ground locations, you start at the city center and work your way outward and you'll never have to weave your way between buildings.

Trust us user. If there was any better way to do it, they would. But your suggestions of hole digging or moving would be horribly inefficient. Or downright impossible.

They should build them on the moon where there is no gravity then bring them back.

It's digging a hole for god's sake. It's so much easier. It's even more energy efficient because instead of having to raise all the materials and equipment up so high, you just drop them in the hole. And you drop them in when the hole is still pretty shallow so they don't fall far and break. It's so easy.

Then the whole damn city is underground with no daylight and nobody except basement-dwelling Any Forumstards wants to live there.

Got to say, pretty disappointed with the negative attitudes in this thread. This isn't the spirit that built America. You guys would be all for it if Elon Musk wanted to do it.

build a road for skyscraper builiding? ez

No, there will still be windows. Like I said before you can watch the worms and moles and rabbits and whatnot burrowing through the granite, in a cut-away view like an ant farm. It'll be fun.

No you dumbfuck. You don't leave the skyscraper underground, you just build it underground then fill the hole in and keep raising the skyscraper up so it's sticking out of the ground. You wouldn't even need a truck for that.

If Elon Musk wanted to do this I'd say it was fucking retarded like most of his ideas. He had literally one good idea, reusable rockets, and other people made it happen. The rest is all just shit he bought with daddy's money and took credit for.

Well first off, I don't get how you think the hole solves anything safety wise. I mean if you fall off while building it, you're still falling to the bottom of a skyscraper sized hole. Second, the excavation of a hole that size would cost more than the building itself.

>this is why we need shop class to stay in schools

No you dig the hole as you build the building, so the drop is never more than a few feet.

>never heard of Hyperloop

So wait, is the building going up, or is the hole going down as you build?

yes

The building goes up AS the hole is going down. Doing both at once saves time.

lol, yes wat? I assume you mean the building goes up. So what lifts it? And don't say helicopter because no helicopter on earth could do that.

Do you even need the hole? You could start building the top floors then lift it up on hydraulic jacks then build the bottom floors under the top bit.

It's just lowered in slowly by cables from the surface.

Why not just build it in an open field and then push it where you want it?

Attached: Put-It-Somewhere-Else-Patrick.jpg (343x604, 48.33K)

That's true, but then there's still the risk of falling off the top once it's done. After all, what was once the ground floor eventually becomes the top floor, so the doors to get in will open into thin air.

I like the creative thinking though. That's the kind of innovation we need more of in this thread.

because it might fall over fucking dumbass

u need a hammer license to build

Eventually, it would get to heavy for the jacks to lift. Probably start to have some stability issues once it starts getting some height too. Also current heavy lift jack technology only has very short throw (like a couple feet at a time) lift capabilities.

ITT: samefag OP pretends to be retarded, while actual retards are assisting OP

>They should
>idk
/Thread

I GOT IT

Build it UNDERWATER. Then dig a trench under where you want it, fill the trench with water, push the completed skyscraper up through a hole and fill it with helium so it floats into place then pour concrete under it.

Well maybe don't push so hard needledick