Why is midget a slur...

Why is midget a slur. I genuinely cannot imagine anyone would take more kindly to being called a dwarf or little person than midget, I dont say slurs, but I feel worse calling someone a Fairyland magical creature or a person but smaller than a word that may have been used in the circus. If anyone can actually enlighten me I would appreciate it

Attached: Screenshot_20220706-231506_Chrome.jpg (1080x836, 378.71K)

Yes, it's like "queer" vs "faggot."

Have a midget in class that I have an irrational urge to beat the shit out of.

You fuckin stumpy little midget

Attached: 1404976940494.jpg (960x538, 34.61K)

You don't actually care about the feelings of little people.

Fuck midgets!

Attached: 8065280_orig.png (500x287, 192.28K)

Its literally in the thing you posted. Learn to read.

Frfr

You've gotta learn reading comprehension my friend, I read it, I understand the words, I cannot comprehend the message and therefore am asking for help

It says in plain English what the issue is. If you can't comprehend it, then you're borderline retarded.

Now I want little people to go around calling each other "my midge-ah" and flipping their shit whenever somebody drops the "hard -et."

Short people got no reason...

Yeah I read the English fine my point is dwarfs are a fantasy race of small mountain dwelling people and adding the caveat that this isn't a person its a little person seems dehumanizing, meanwhile midget was used in a ridiculing way but still to me at least seems less dehumanising, I know you wanna seem smart but add something to the conversation instead of "you're stupid i get it so you should"

So do you actually not understand or are you just being willfully obtuse, pretending to not understand because you don't agree with it? You were told in plain, direct language what the issue was. And instead of listen to it, you're putting on a show of not understanding it because you're used to saying midget on account of not being one. You're too stupid to live. KYS.

On account of me not being able to empathize with the struggle I would like to openly voice my ignorance and I accept the pushback, if you could help me understand i would appreciate it, but this passage does not make sense to me and so I was hoping for someone to be able and willing to help me understand, I presume it is because of my comfortability that I want to use that word as opposed to the alternatives, but my comfort zone is being non abrasive and making people feel good, have you ever called a little person a dwarf? And how was their reaction? Little person makes more sense i guess but it implies they're something other than a person, its fine if youre venting frustration, but don't assume im saying this out of willful ignorance in an attempt to make what I say already more palatable

It's little "people" meaning they're still people. "Midget" is dehumanizing. Simple as that

midgets are the niggers of short people

"Little People" implies being mystical creatures as much as dwarf does. It has me thinking of halflings or leprechauns. Dwarf as me thinking of those bearded fellows who live in the halls beneath the Earth, mining and crafting to their little hearts' content. They're also pretty good with a battle-axe.

What a lousy midget you are, i can call you anything i want knee-high Lilliputian gnome.

everyone has a name that you can't call them now. either fag or jew or nigger or midget
fat women you can't call cows. calling a fat woman a cow is like calling a black person a nigger

When people call me a redneck, I don't get bent out of shape.
I would think that midget holds more respect than little people, but whatever.

he never called you by your name, just hillbilly?

I get this, little person definitely seems less offensive to me at least than dwarf, im mainly stuck on the dwarf part

>I genuinely cannot imagine anyone would take more kindly to being called a dwarf or little person than midget
Because, dwarfism is the condition. If you call them a dwarf you are recognizing their condition. You don't recognize somebody by a condition called "midgetism." But also, it's the same as calling someone an autist, seeing them through the lens of autism and nothing more. Little People of America is entertainment tv and the sensationalising of a condition (obesity, anorexia, bipolar, autism, dwarfism) is bad and should be avoided in reality.

I appreciate this response and it shed some light, personally would you just avoid bringing it up?

Yeah, unless I was a doctor or had a legit question about their condition.