I spent 4 years in a seminary studying to become a Catholic priest...

I spent 4 years in a seminary studying to become a Catholic priest. I discerned it wasn't the right life for me and I left before ordination.
Ask me something about the experience or related.

This is not a thread for debating/arguing theology and religion. That is a waste of time on /b

Attached: priests cassocks.jpg (500x500, 105.26K)

Attached: roman collar 2.jpg (398x302, 16.31K)

bump

Not to be an asshole, but are you supposed to be a virgin to become a priest or do you just have to commit to celibacy in the future?

Attached: seminarians.jpg (350x263, 24.37K)

are you gay?

do not have to be a virgin. have to commit to celibacy in future. you didn't come off as as asshole user

no

Attached: seminarians candles.jpg (568x362, 73.8K)

How did you handle the sexual urges?
Knowing that:
- they are natural
- they are against your vow
- you could "get on with it" and go to confession

Thanks.

I found the more I learned about Christianity, the less dogmatic it appeared to me. I did grow to appreciate the importance of traditions however. Did you find it to be the case in the seminary?

How long did it take for you to realize the story of "creation" is a lie?

How did you feel about being a member of a world wide pedophile ring?

>I discerned it wasn't the right life for me
Why?

There was a good rhythm of life in the seminary structure that helped. I was more gung ho when I first entered and avoided jerking off for long periods of time. By the time I decided I was probably going to leave I didn't care and would just do it.

Frequent confession and avoiding sexual triggers was important.

Yes, I am still Catholic and I appreciate Catholicism. And yes, I love the traditions. The Catholic Church is a 2000 old institution, that should be worth something.

antagonistic fallacy of complex question

I entered after college after I had gotten very gung ho into my religion and met priests and seminarians. still friends with a lot of them. but as time went on and after parish assignments, I really could not see myself doing it for the rest of my life. A lot of it is just trying to appease annoying old people who bankroll the establishment. when I was getting close to ordination to become a deacon, I knew I had to make a final decision and thats what i did

>antagonistic fallacy of complex question
You are evading. I asked two simple questions. Direct and straight forward. Now answer please. I'm truly curious to know how you felt being a part of lies and abuse?

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ve never been a regular to mass. How is the celebration most meaningful for the faithfuls in opinion?

Attached: priest collar - glow.jpg (3300x1800, 259.71K)

Even if it doesn't always feel like it, connects you to the supernatural. Sacramental grace. Hearing an explanation of things from a good preacher can give insights. Catholic culture of just being there is a plus for many.

how many kids did you rape?

OP you will answer the question of how many kids you raped but not answer my questions??!
>How long did it take for you to realize the story of "creation" is a lie?
>
>How did you feel about being a member of a world wide pedophile ring?
Answer OP!

antagonistic fallacy of complex question

but thanks for the bump.

As a seminarian, did you study the Bible equally, or were some chapters more prioritized than others?