Can /b help me out

Can /b help me out
I need to remove this old gas stove
It weighs a ton
It is made up of 2 large pieces of steel
In order to split them in half i need to remove the bolts with the 8 lobe pattern
How are these called? Where can i find the necessary equipment?

Thanks

Attached: IMG_20220706_175624__01__01.jpg (1999x3065, 1.94M)

Looks like OP mom's asshole

>what is a Torx driver

Thats a Torx bro

Torx or "Star head" needed, rough guess might be something like a T80 size.
You'd need to get it at an auto parts store or some other industrial shop. Most likely have to put it on the end of a rachet or breaker bar too.

it's not an Allen key, it's a fucking Torx you prick

ohh fuck you are right, my bad

a fuckin MASSIVE torx bit...

get yourself a cheater bar bro.

yeah ok go be a whiny little bitch back over on pol you wide eyed Wal Mart bitch

I appreciate your comments a lot! Thanks
Unfortunately for me, it is not torx (6 lobe) but something with An 8 lobe pattern.
Ill try and use a extractor kit if i Cant find the name

Torx is 6 lobe, this is 8 lobe.
So it's more a double square.
Better to search the web than ask Any Forums.

Good luck getting it out. It's probably only threaded into the back part so your best bet is probably to either try and sawzall between the two pieces or just drill the head of the torx out and slide it off. Or as a last resort just beat the shit out of it with a sledge hammer and remove in pieces.

Yup, Torx bit. If you can't find one that size at the hardware store, check auto parts store. Sometimes brake calipers on autos use giant Torx bolts like these.

foundryman here, those stoves are not steel, but cast iron, brittle as fuck, so get a decent sized hammer (10+kg) and hammer away.

get a normal, good ratchet and a long hollow steel tube. Shove the bar on one end and wrench. Will really help you get some proper ft-lbs into that. While you're at it, get some penetrating oil and let it soak overnight.

It looks like it's cast iron. Just smash it with a sledge hammer. It should break pretty easily.

^This. Just get a sledgehammer. Cast iron is brittle as fuck. Wear eye protection and for the love of God make sure you turned that gas pipe off.

no it’s a torx bit, you just need one with 8 points. It’s literally called an 8-bit torx(google it)

HVAC fag here, and this is the correct answer. Cast iron heat exchangers are meant to be smashed. Just wear a respirator and some safety glasses and you’re good to go.

Well you learn something new everyday. Not OP but thanks fellas, my grandma is getting up there and she's got an old barn just filled with old shit including some cast iron looking things. Gonna save me hella sweat with this. Love the sledgehammer, too.

Tons of fucking liquid wrench before you even go shopping for the torx bit. And I mean a whole fucking can