Why did McDonald's just give me free food?

Why did McDonald's just give me free food?
Are there any fast food workers that can explain this to me?
I got to the window and the guy went to take my card, stopped and said "Hold on." Then closed the window for a minute. Then the manager? opens it and glancing at my receipt in his hand, says "Don't worry about it, this one's on us. Pull forward to the next window."
Confused and not wanting to hold up the line, I stammered out a thanks and pulled forward. The woman there handed me my food and said "Have a good day sweetie."
As I drove away, the confusion began gnawing at my brain, why? WHY? Why did McDonald's just give me $12 of free food??

Attached: shutterstock_1778181218.0.jpg (1200x800, 47.21K)

You're probably hot

Maybe they fucked something up and it's easier to give free food than have an angry drive-thru guy

That was my suspicion... But my order was completely correct and everything, so why would they not want a record of my purchase? What rule from corporate did they break that would show if my receipt got logged? Wtf

Someone could have paid it forward by buying for the next person.

>went to drive thru
>buy coffee
"hey let me pay for the person behind me, I think they have a mental disability
>drive away

u have sex appeal

>wagie accidentally unplugs card reader again
>"bossmang i did the thing again my bad lmao"
>line is long, orders are ready, can't be paid for
>will take two or three order prep time to wait for 5+ year old card reader to come online
>best to keep the line moving and orders flowing, losing maybe $40 over two or three orders in exchange for not breaking the order chain is a small price to pay

OR

>you have been flagged by globohomo for elimination
>wagie was ordered to delete all transaction history of your purchase
>your food was tainted and you'll be dead in a few days, no evidence

have a good day sweetie

Attached: 1653677140483.jpg (900x900, 82.88K)

Person before you might have paid. People do it places sometimes, I’ve never had it happen. Like they might give the window jockey a 20 and say this is for the person behind me, or like 100 and say use this for next coupe people, idk.

They want you fat and stupid
Seeing as you are eating at McDonalds, you're halfway there already

Don't ask questions now, just eat your slop and praise Fauci

>hey, it's three for free!

No, they tell you when that happens, and the manager doesn't come to the window and tell you "it's on us."

wagie fucked up the computer and asked boss for help
boss sees fuckup, sees you waiting, says fuck it, pushes you and maybe the person waiting behind you through while he fixes it

if you handed them cash i guarantee you wouldn't have got shit for free

m8. these are FF wagies, they're either drugged, depressed, or sleep deprived, or a variation of those.
They do weird things sometimes.

All us Freemasons get free McDonalds, brother.
Don't tell the profanes.

I was once in line in the drive-thru at McDonald's, in my heavily modified Japanese car, and a literal 10/10 QT 3.14 female cop pulled in behind me in her cruiser. I paid for her order and got the fuck out of there as quickly as I could to avoid the awkwardness.
Got home and ate my nuggets while crying.

Attached: 1642273944742.jpg (250x195, 11.09K)

Attached: 1649305537930.jpg (239x239, 16.18K)

manager or till person wanted to bang you. sometimes theyll give free shit to people that makes them horny.

Attached: 1649622578466.jpg (1080x954, 81.97K)

Who said anything about "globohomo?" What the fuck are you high on, do you need an adult? Go back to /x/

I work in fast food OP, everyone in this thread is overthinking it. We simply, just don’t give a fuck. Sometimes the order gets accidentally pressed off the register, and they just want to keep the cars moving. and the only things our bosses care about is speed. You can make a sandwich as wrong as possible but if that car is at the window, throw that fucker in the bag and give it to them. Anyone who worked in fast food knows this.

This is the only answer. It's easier, and cheaper, to give you free food than to hold up the line or risk you being a Karen.