College starts in 16 days

>College starts in 16 days

How do I prepare Any Forums I've only been coding for a few months

Attached: 16439156448050.jpg (720x960, 98.26K)

Code a Pacman clone in Java, Python, C++, JavaScript, and C.

Now.

CS courses usually don't assume prior programming experience. Since you've met their admissions requirements, you're probably fine. You're probably better off revising basic maths (algebra, trig), assuming there's a calculus course early on.

In all of them??

Step 1: leave this site.

Just write hobby projects, and never ever stop. You don't even have to finish them, just try and learn something new. In the end, the skills that you gain will stay with you, and you will always get better if you keep at it. Every couple of years, the projects that took you 2 months to complete will take only 2 days; you can always get better.
My first project was a manga reader website, so I wanted to make my own and try to earn money on the side. Had to start by learning some web scraping, and it took of from there (I never made money with that project though). I also dropped off of college because I got offered a well paying job after doing some freelance website projects to cover my rent.

Fuck off we're full.

Talk to as many people as possible.
Attend as many social events as possible.
Get their number and try everything once.
Also leave this site.

Oh yeah if you make it, come back and save other people from here.

I don't deserve to be here.

By not wasting your time in college

Which country && which college

I'm going to assume you're CS? Like another user said brush up on your basic math. One of the biggest killers of new CS students is going to be calculus / linear algebra. If this is your first year then you'll be forced to take some electives to pad out their budget. Those you can mostly ace by paying attention in class and sucking up to your teacher.
Make sure your focus is doing STEM homework. You can never get enough practice so if you finish up your homework don't be afraid to look for other problems in the books. Notes are going to help you a lot as well. But ultimately just learn to pace yourself so you turn everything in on time. Also YouTube/Stack Overflow will be your friend.
You can save a lot of money by downloading your books from the internet this is especially true for all the elective courses. libgen has most pdf's you'd be looking for.
Some final bits of advice. There is no expectation of you having prior knowledge so don't stress about it. Skipping one day of studying can bite you is the ass real fast. As tempting as it is try to eat well, exercise, and sleep. And as you get older you'll realize how much of a waste of time/money college is. Both in terms of what they teach you in classes and the social life you build there. Your first priority should always be getting better grades. Networking and side projects for your github however will give you a massive leg up when applying for jobs in the real world.

Attached: 1602379952762.jpg (640x640, 51.58K)

i hope you find a cute trans gf

drop out. you're ngmi

Drop out and learn a trade. Keep coding, but as a hobby. You'll contribute more to society as a hobbyist than a tech employee. College is only useful for getting your foot in the doors of the highest of sciences now (law, medicine, aeronautical engineering.) Every other course is a Marxist boot camp disguised as something else. If a company wants a coder these days they'll just import a pajeet that trained with Durgasoft and put a white woman in charge of managing him.

>You’ll contribute more to society than as a tech employee
This. OP Ill admit the trades thing is a bit of a meme but the point like any corporate job is to do it for the money but your aim should be to leave as soon as you can. Thing with trades is since you arent in crazy debt you can actually do this and if you arent a moron and play things safe, especially in the easier trades, you wont wear down your body. What made me make the jump is what this user said though. I know kids are angsty these days so if you dont want to help society fine whatever, but if you want to make an impact like all the kids complain about, then do this an open a business. Working in a tech company in most cases will help make this world even worse and thats not hyperbole in the slightest.

Already, just checking in
What can be considered a hobby project though? Manga reader sounds big, I coded a Mandelbrot set printer that I rolled from picrel, can it be considered a project and should I keep rolling?
save from what?
Country 404 && top-5 tech college here
But I heard from sophomores these events are for chads and normie women
there are a few mtf here as Ive heard
thanks for motivation man I'm gonna make it in spite of you
Is your name Luke Smith?

Attached: 16337168020030.png (3840x2160, 1.61M)

Thank you for a serious reply,
>if you finish up your homework don't be afraid to look for other problems in the books
You mean STEM homework problems?
>Skipping one day of studying can bite you is the ass real fast
But is there ever a point in skipping purposefully to deal with debts? Say, I haven't done my hw for the past week and decide to skip a day to finish it all?
>Your first priority should always be getting better grades
So, this comes first and not my pet projects and self-studying?
>Networking
But what is networkig, the corpo guys they invite?

Attached: 1655736100170.jpg (1387x702, 227.46K)

no, he's obviously telling you to build a cross language compiler built on C

>Thank you for a serious reply,
no problem fren
>You mean STEM homework problems?
Yeah, going out of your way to practice more math / programing problems can be the difference between acing a test and failing it. Just make sure you are understanding the core concepts when you study. You'd be surprised how many people graduate without understanding how to apply what they learned to their trade.
>But is there ever a point in skipping purposefully to deal with debts? Say, I haven't done my hw for the past week and decide to skip a day to finish it all?
That's the issue, you already skipped a week and now you need to start making trade offs to try and play catch up. Try to study every day if you can. It's okay to take a Sunday off every now and then but the second you start giving yourself permission to skip class/homewokr/studying is when you start failing. It's just not a good idea to build these habits anyway as this is basically training you for a 9-5 and skipping stuff at work is a quick way to end up homeless.

>So, this comes first and not my pet projects and self-studying?
At the end of the day a 4.0 gpa will only end up helping you land your first job after that the only two things that will matter is that you have a degree and that you have previous work experience. Coasting by with all C's is a dangerous game to play which can easily turn into failing the class. This will not only cost you money to retake the course but it will also cost you money in terms of delaying you getting out of college and into your first job. That's a lot less money you will be able to save and that much longer you have to wait in life to retire.
There is also the fact that this is just a good habit to get into. In school your grades will be most important and at work the project you are working on will be the most important. Side tasks can always wait. More than that though you're going to find stuff that takes you way longer to wrap your head around then you thought. By doing your classwork first you will never have to come to the grim realization you didn't set enough time aside for your school project. Once everything else is done you'll have plenty of time to work on side projects and study stuff related to your field.
>But what is networkig, the corpo guys they invite?
Yeah, that can be good but it's also important to understand that your teacher and classmates can also be references. Make a Linkedin or something and try to add them to your network. You never know where a job will come from. Also a bit of life advice. Try to smile more and never under any circumstances talk bad about someone. Just avoiding negative comments also goes a long way. This is your proto-job and it's best to get in the habit of thinking there is a crazy hr lady breathing down your neck at all times.