The best DE/WM ever

Let's solve this once and for all which DE/WM has the most features, extensibility and is in general better than the others?
Is it?
>AmiWM
>Afterstep
>Awesome
>Blackbox
>Cinnamon
>CWM
>E16
>E25
>fvwm 1
>fvwm 2
>fvwm 3
>Gnome 1.4
>Gnome 2
>Gnome 3
>Gnome 40
>IceWM
>JWM
>KDE 1
>KDE 2
>KDE 3
>KDE 4
>KDE 5 Plasma
>MATE
>Openbox
>Pantheon
>QVWM
>Trinity
>WindowMaker
>XFCE
Or anything else?

Attached: 1640267900336.jpg (500x223, 26.41K)

Itll be MacOS for me

Attached: 1639936260308.jpg (1077x963, 375.5K)

This is the best WM!

Attached: best_wm.png (768x768, 95.53K)

>no sway
>no i3
What is the point of this horrible list if you don’t even include big wms and instead lise like 5 versions of kde and gnome

name?

Gnome peaked at 2. All after was bloat.
Cinnamon feels gnome 2 esque, but feels a little sluggish, though is fairly polished and very simple.
KDE is actually rather friendly to use now, I didn't always see it this way though. Plasma has its flaws and its defaults are less than desirable for me personally but it seems to work very well these days. Not many crashes and such. MATE feels like gnome 2 continued but it doesn't really all fit together very well, it feels a little cluttered. Nonetheless it's fast enough and has some great defaults.
Xfce is my normal goto, familiar interface, sane defaults, very customizable. Far from perfect still, but it's comfy. I also use KDE on my laptop though.

All others aren't worth mentioning really.

HerbstluftWM

Most tiling window managers are just the same featureless WM with a different config language.
Because of minimalism they're basically copies of each other they only differ in tiling layouts and automatic vs manual tiling

thanks user, heard of it before but forgot to try it out

It's very comfy. You can easily script your own status bar with lemonbar or something alike.

>flatshit wm #59094355356
>comfy
user ...

kde is actually pretty good these days
crashes less than gnome in my experience

How often do features get removed from it?

I like it and find it comfy, so your opinion doesn't matter.

never
they only add features
without fixing the old features
features so many that when you open a context menu you forget what you wanted to do and end up in some settings dialog enabling wobbly windows

i can't remember the last time kde removed a feature
it's kind of a problem since guis can get cluttered with buttons but at least that can be fixed with some setting changes
i'd rather have features i don't use than add features i do use with extensions

>they only add features
>LED clock
Removed
>Button to hide panel
Removed
>Tabbed Windows
Removed
>3D Desktop
Removed
>All the themes that came with KDE1-3
Removed

My fvwm config still works after a decade I don't think another wm can beat this.
so fvwm is the best.

those are some features i wouldn't use (except of course for the 3d desktop, but i think it can still be installed in settings) but i don't see a reason to remove them either
how did they explain their decisions?

Don't forget Kandalf and Miller columns in dolphin
Too difficult to maintain/lack of interest.

Attached: 1641989701788.jpg (1002x567, 103.53K)

welcome to /fng/ - friendly neet general where WMs are considered something worth using
also
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact "World of Linux," or as I refer to it, "Linux Fantasy XIV." Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather a role-playing game around which those with no accomplishments can desperately form some sort of identity. You start off with your OS in an incomplete state, then you perform easily searchable, tedious manual quests trying to piece it together into something that is barely functional for a small set of tasks. Other Linux players congratulate you on playing the game and on your level progression, giving you a real sense of accomplishment for your virtual progress.