Is an RPi good as a router with OpenWrt? Or should I just get a Fujitsu S920 imported?

Is an RPi good as a router with OpenWrt? Or should I just get a Fujitsu S920 imported?

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 864.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digikey.com/en/products/detail/versalogic-corporation/VL-EPME-42ECP-16/6709183
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RPi is meant for hobby projects. It's too slow for practical use. Get the off-the-shelf solution.

raspberry pi 4 has pretty solid specs, though

just get a nuc or negate appliance and do pfsense.

>It's too slow for practical use
compute modules are used in industrial systems. in fact, a headless hobbyist RPi for the end consumer COULD be used for low-powered, distributed purposes. then again, there are other, cheaper and more available SoCs on the market out there.

> a Fujitsu S920 imported?
are you on meth?

So why is this shit over $100 now just for the board? I thought the whole point of RPi was that it was cheaper than a steak.

There's none locally where I live. Not everybody lives in America you know

Not really, it can easily he used for plenty of things. We just dont use it because in the commercial world they have to be on the cutting edge and really focus on performance. If you need something reliable RPi wont do you wrong and is always a good starter.

they've been suffering scalping due to chip shortage along the same time it was happening to gpus

>he hasn't watched the wolftranny video about the 50$ router

But why didn't the overall price of computers rise as well?

No, rpis are overpriced shit, they only have 1 port, and even that port is shitty.
For that price get a celeron box from aliexpress with 4 i225 based nics.

i dunno, i bought a pi3 in like 2013, been wanting a 4 but i refuse to pay $100 for some shit that was $28

There was also a mining craze using pis which had miners buying out all the stock available

That must have been a long time ago, a Pi is not powere efficient for mining. That takes ASICs thee days.

You need to use one of these - digikey.com/en/products/detail/versalogic-corporation/VL-EPME-42ECP-16/6709183

>If you need something reliable RPi wont do you wrong
Hahahaha.
> power loss
> for some reason it now decides to try loading from an SD card
> Loads wrong OS
> You have to go and physically remove the card
Fuck the Pi. It's terrible.

I hate those videos.
> Oh it's totally great and cheap
> Just do it, bruh
> Refuses to mention that it can't even do a proper gigabit with QoS
Same shit with WRT3200ACM.
> Oh it's the best OSS router there is!
> It totally supports Gigabit speeds, even has 4 Gigabit ports!
> Actual throughoutput is about 750Mb/s
Wish OPNSense routers didn't cost a grand+

Get something like a HP T620 Plus and roll your own. They're on eBay for $100 and fit a low profile PCIe card.

Why do you think it's about the imported part? Why the fuck do you want to use a thin client with one Ethernet port as a router?

> CPU from 2013
Nah, I'm not getting baited again.