be me

> be me
> bored
> want to start fights with people online by saying B is the correct answer

Give me some arguments for B so I can troll pls

Attached: 0D2B71B3-67CA-48BC-95F4-F5CDF1086D74.jpg (1170x787, 80.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B19nlhbA7-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some shit about air pressure making a vacuum as it hits the base and pushing the block or some shit.

The piston holding the orange portal has a lot of kinetic energy as it pushes downward. When it hits the platform the cube is on, it stops completely, meaning it no longer has that kinetic energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, therefore the kinetic energy must go somewhere. The cube is the only object in this scenario that is free to move, leaving it with 100% of the kinetic energy, causing it to accelerate out of the blue portal.

>give me some arguments for the correct option
>this very post is trolling

linse and retardation will take over

I dont understand how the kinetic energy would transfer to the cube since the cube itself is not attached to the platform.
If I slam a plastic cup onto a table with a ball on it. The energy is transfered to the table, not the ball.

That's the problem. Bfags don't get that you can replicate this by just using a cup and a ball. The ball doesn't magically take flight because there is no transfer of energy between said ball and empty space (the portal) no matter how much force is moving said empty space.

"Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out"
The portal is unique in the aspect that it losslessly transfers momentum. If orange portal is moving but blue isn't, this isn't like throwing a ring over the cube. Cube must exit blue at the exact same rate, speed and force as it entered orange.
Also, the table is irrelevant. Cube could as well just be floating in place.

This is good

Let us bfags know when you have a cup with ends that move separately. Or better yet, jam your finger through a whole in the wall and see if it comes out slowly the other side.

the sides of the piston will hit the sides of the base, transferring all the kinetic energy into the base drilling it further into the ground, some sound and heat generated as well.

The cube will just fall out

What about the platform? Does energy not transfer to the stationary platform or does 100% of the force transfer over to the cube?
When I slam my hand on a table, the energy from the impact goes into the table and air.

>therefore the kinetic energy must go somewhere
it gets transferred to the base platform, + sound energy + vibration + heat energy

I don't see how any energy gets transferred to the cube in this scenario.

Wouldn't you move the hole while the finger stays in place?

It just does. That's how physics work. If you take a tennis racket without the net, and slam it on a table with a ball on it, the ball jumps up into the air.

It seems your Bwits are confused by the space between the portals. Let me help you with that. There is no space between the portals. You can treat both portals as the same place, it isn't exactly abstract to do so.

The portal hitting the platform is no different than the platform hitting the portal so it's easily B

Piston smashes into platform after losing corresponding energy accelerating the cube (if a moving portal can be slowed by matter entering it)

Correct, they're the same space. However, they're at different reference frames. Imagine an inch of the cube already exited blue - how do you figure this inch of matter behaves with more of it right behind at high speed? The cube entering orange literaly pushes itself out of blue.

BLUE IS STATIONARY.

Or do you figure the cube exits blue at high speed and simply stops once it's fully out? You Atards either never took or completely failed physics 101

If you're standing on the ground and a train car with its rear door falls over you perfectly you don't go shooting through the train car, you just stand there... and probably shit your pants. If neither you nor the thing you are standing on has any momentum then nothing is propelling you.

Not a good analogy since entrance and exit are moving at the same speed

>old paradox solved for years
>niggas still arguing
youtube.com/watch?v=B19nlhbA7-E

the key word is momentum. We're not talking about kinetic energy nor speed. This makes B the good answer

And then stopping suddenly with no momentum transferred to you or the thing you are standing on, the platform would get bumped down a little and you'd be standing there with a room around you and a little woosh of air

In Portal, if a panel bearing a portal moves, the portal dissipates. Therefore the orange portal will have dissipated and the panel will slam into the cube.

But if you want to change the rules so panels bearinf portals can move without causing the portals to dissipate, then A is the only answer. The cube has no kinetic energy - it's resting in an inertial frame of reference.

They just dissipate as to not break puzzles, it's not like they're unable to move. In Portal 2 we use moving portals at least once during the neurotoxin generator sequence

cube enters one portal at X mph and exits another at X mph for the life of me i cant figure out how people still argue A

Again, because then both ends are moving. You exit precisely how fast you entered. You're actually making a case for B.