As much as it pains me...

As much as it pains me, it seems that everything that leads to fulfillment involves pleasing others/contributing to a community. What are your thoughts about this, Any Forums?

Attached: 26ae967139835fcad902fd5b314eaa4a.jpg (767x561, 96.2K)

yeah basically, that's the whole jist of Jesus' thing, y'know

>As much as it pains me, it seems that everything that leads to fulfillment involves pleasing others/contributing

What's so painful about that? It sounds kinda cheesy, but not painful.

The fact that you have millions of generations of ancestors that survived and thrived by being altruistic social animals but you thought that maybe you're smarter than all of them and would do better by going it alone just goes to show how much of a retard you are.

That being said, sounds like you're becoming less retarded, which is better than 99% of people on the planet.

Wasn't the whole Jesus thing about ending suffering by taking full responsibility of yourself? Atleast that's how I interpreted that he died for all our sins.
Because it prevents me from feeling free. I don't want to be dependent on the judgement (in lack of a better word) of others to reach fulfillment.

Why don't you go live life the way you see fit and stop asking retards on the internet that are just as confused as you are stupid fucking questions. And yes you retard, we are social creatures, but you don't have the be if you don't want to be
/thread

In This Thread: OP crests peak Dunning-Kruger, and finds TRVTH is actually kinda boring, but begins to heal.

Well i don't mind doing things to better the community, I just dislike that it's the end goal. That there is nothing beyond that. It's as if everything else is a waste of time.

That's a big pan of cornbread.

Imagine the pot of chili that goes with...

I'm trying to figure out how I want to live life, but I don't want to be delusional as if believing that playing video games isn't as worthless as taking drugs. I started this thread because I wanted to hear other people's opinions since people irl seem to struggle answering these kind of questions, atleast in my experience.

The end goal is whatever you want it to be.

What you're realizing is that you don't actually want the things you thought you wanted. Right now you're just trying to find a way to not admit that you were wrong for so long.

Don't need to contribute to community, but serving others/devotion to something absolutely brings happiness.

If you're truly serving, you're forgetting about yourself, but still aiming for good. This eliminates the source of all dissatisfaction (yourself) while working for betterment.

Either betterment focused on yourself which can be infinitely dissatisfied, or betterment for that which you can never know, and be consumed with the betterment.

I wouldn't say that. I don't know what I want. However, I did realize years ago that those things I chased (e.g. good grades were pointless)

Isn't serving others the same as contributing to a community except the former being mire specific? TLDR version of my train of thought would be that devoting myself to music would be a good substitute; but in the end, you want to perform for others. Or if you get into body building, you aim to look good for others.

My advice is don't become stagnant. Live to experience and learn things, other people are basically extensions of yourself, libraries of knowledge and experience that may lead you to new experiences and knowledge for yourself. Get off the internet, stop playing videogames, allow life around you to fully encompass you, engage in it,. learn to sit there in silence with yourself and others and just exist.

We're social animals. We survived for millions of years by forming groups that care about each other at least a little. Y'know, "ape together strong."

Except for when the HR department is overlooking the apes, preventing them from having any fun or enjoying themselves

I'm really not sure how you leapt from 'humans are social animals' to 'I hate my job,' but I hope you get some interviews and offers and find something better.

Because humans work excellently together naturally, but the modern environments we work in now suck ass and don't resemble the traditional ways at all

There are many ways to find fulfillment, in a meaningless universe, it falls upon the individual to define the meaning of fulfillment in their lives.

It's just a matter of perspective.

Exactly, most of my personal fulfilment comes from aggressive anal stimulation

It's quite infuriating actually, because the community has done nothing but forcefully fuck me in the ass against my will for as long as I can remember and probably before I my infantile brain was capable of creating long term memories. Pic somewhat related.

Attached: bdc0e700b65ed5edda28ecbdb9d29a34.jpg (600x315, 19.88K)

This post led to us having chili for lunch today. Thank you, user. We were totally uninspired until then.

Relish the Butthurt

That would be my name if I were knighted
Sir Relish the Butthurt

You could wear a plate of armor protecting your butt and unsheath it around your personal lover.