The only tolerable 4channers are the meta-contrarians

the only tolerable 4channers are the meta-contrarians

Attached: 1639457371519.gif (233x233, 17.88K)

You just have your thoughts about something.

This is a blog.

What does that even mean?

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again

Attached: burning_city.jpg (1200x675, 392.81K)

tfw imagining the pressurized cyclonic fluid dynamics of beary rude's lycasin-induced projectile diarrhea

mmmm

>What does that even mean?
if you know what "contrarian" and "meta" mean, it should be pretty self-explanatory

Yeah, but what is beyond contrarianism? What is the next step of going against the grain? I kind of understand but not really.

Your fortune: Better not tell you now

Attached: 1498235907791.jpg (400x346, 31.7K)

ironic contrarianism with a view towards truth

"meta" has multiple meanings beyond the original literal greek translation

Attached: 1647190723973.png (1386x812, 111.14K)

Attached: 1629517990600.png (1396x768, 135.07K)

no, that's not what it is. that's conflating meta-irony and meta-contrarianism. no relation

I will admit that there is some potential ambiguity here, though, because it depends exactly where one sets their "base layer" for the stack

the british fear our layers

Attached: 84EAB0B6-43CF-4F6A-8300-271D3D9A9976.jpg (680x1020, 258.14K)

i dont know what a meta-contrarian is tobe honest desu

Attached: 1498151330950.gif (500x500, 14.33K)

meta-
contrarian

it's not rocket surgery come on!

(sorry if that came across as mean)

Okay, that one makes more sense. Pre-[s4s] old Any Forums and the first couple years of [s4s] produced the memes and general culture of this board. While it is nice to look back and reflect on the established past, it eventually gets stale. The meta-contrarians are the ones that challenge the quo and do whatever they want on here. They can be great producers of oc that's ahead of it's time or a mod's worst nightmare. They are the oil of the wrought Any Forums machine. Is this what you mean?

Attached: 1402037122535.gif (200x150, 1.44M)

>The meta-contrarians are the ones that challenge the quo and do whatever they want on here.
no, these would just be contrarians

how meta-contrarian of you good sir *winky face*

no, that would just be contrarian of me

meta-contrarian trips

no one in this thread has yet understood what I mean by meta-contrarian

so, fine

meta-contrarian is just contrarian about contrarianism. that's literally it.

So then they are the gate-keepers that attempt to put contrarians in their place or drive them away? Or perhaps you intentionally left it ambiguous to drive this thread.

Attached: 1336110594977.jpg (2299x1774, 802.23K)

>So then they are the gate-keepers that attempt to put contrarians in their place or drive them away?
yes, but that's just incidental and is not necessarily the goal or motivation. they are simply contrarians one level above. that's all it is

[s4s] itself is a clear example of meta-contrarianism - again depending on what layer you put what on

base: civility/cordiality/niceness/friendliness (most of reddit, most of IRL interaction, etc.)

contrarian: rudeness/hostility/insults/aggression (most of most imageboards)

meta-contrarian: subversion of/contrary to the contrarian

sounds like contrarianism to me lole

This thread has me thinking. If [s4s] is meta-contrarian on an internet forum scope, then what is [s4s]'s own meta-contrarianism? Why aren't we just a board that has reverted to base?

Attached: Philosoraptor.jpg (500x500, 22.83K)

it is only if you set Any Forums's culture/community as the base layer. then yes, [s4s] is contrarianism-driven. it's all relative

the question is if you mean in theory or in practice. in practice, not sure one exists. in theory, one could imagine a "{sh*t [s4s] says}" board or something. it might potentially look like a strange mix of /bant/ and the Something Awful board FYAD

(and yes I know what you were doing, but I was being meta-contrarian in my reply)

the beautiful thing about [s4s] is that NOTHING gets stale and everything is constantly capable of finding new life, which is something the rest of the internet sorely lacks, and something you also seem to be incapable of seeing (since you're so terminally ill when it comes to thinking about aging or death and think it's fine and dandy to spread that feeling with blogs)

>and something you also seem to be incapable of seeing (since you're so terminally ill when it comes to thinking about aging or death and think it's fine and dandy to spread that feeling with blogs)
OP here: I only read/post in [s4s] like once a week on average. what do they blog about? (can't currently find an archive that can search here)

he makes threads and posts with sad bloggging content quite often, the most recent is one which he named after his namefield as if this board is at all the place for establishing sincere non-memetic personality cults

what're yiu guys talking about, lole. i just like the memes and stuff ;)

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Attached: 1631061618252.png (369x385, 66.19K)

see:

that's wonderful, never lose that attitude and keep having fun with it user

it came across as very mean could you please delete your account.

ok i'm sorry i will :(

How is rudeness contrarian these days when everyone acts like an ass, this shithole outside of [s4s] excluded

>How is rudeness contrarian these days when everyone acts like an ass, this shithole outside of [s4s] excluded

that's why I said

>I will admit that there is some potential ambiguity here, though, because it depends exactly where one sets their "base layer" for the stack
>again depending on what layer you put what on
>it is only if you set Any Forums's culture/community as the base layer. then yes, [s4s] is contrarianism-driven. it's all relative

the internet is still kind of its own thing. in public, in most places, people are generally nice and polite. also, less "general" forums tend to be pretty nice. niche subreddits and niche message boards are usually friendly

>lycasin
regular gummies don't have lycasin, fig. That is/was the sugarless that made people sick. take you're scat fetish to Any Forums, freak.

Attached: ebil switchblade x.gif (218x227, 167.85K)