I enrolled for a three year coding degree. I'm 26. I'll get my degree when I'm 29...

I enrolled for a three year coding degree. I'm 26. I'll get my degree when I'm 29. Is 29 too old to seek programming jobs and make it into the industry?

Attached: 1656623483844.jpg (1357x1920, 288.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/we-asked-gpt-3-to-write-an-academic-paper-about-itself-then-we-tried-to-get-it-published/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, but you are too old to rely on the industry

Work harder

Attached: 1656457022052m.jpg (682x1024, 92.88K)

>coding degree

Attached: umm.png (466x463, 24.65K)

nobody gives a shit about age against skill, but entry level things are more likely to avoid you as you would likely be seen as wanting more money than a 22 year old

From what I've seen, and I live in a tech-heavy area, no. If you're good at what you do, any company will be glad to have you.

Only depends on skin color, sexual orientation, and political affiliation. Age is not a barrier, companies need employees to replace the white heterosexual republicans and it takes 3-5 "diversity" hires to replace 1 of them because those fuckers had a real nasty habit of working at least 8 hours/day, 5 days a week just to make it harder for LGTBBQ++ BIPOC democrats to rise up above the crowd

Yeah what the fuck is a coding degree, why would someone hire a guy who did an online course.
The paper is not enough, also “coding” sounds like you learn less than the basics?

make -B

A sense anger

>be me
>19, get an infrastructure tech apprenticeship at a UK bank, $28,000
>finish apprenticeship, get a cyber role, shadow BAs in cyber, cyber role: $40,000
>1 year after cyber role, get a senior BA role earning $75K in a larger multinational bank in Digital
This is a pretty accelerated path, but you don't have to do your degree. Took my 3 years 11 months to get to the point I'm at now (took 8 months off in-between cus family stuff), now 24. Take some initiative.

What languages do you know and what are your programming roles?

Python, C#, PERL, ALGOL

I don't use programming in this new position. People centred roles will make way more going forward as programming becomes more automated.

An example, I'm 2 grades away from VP, but everyone in my team except for me is SVP. They all earn a LOT.

i used to overthink age as a factor all the time, but it really doesn't matter man. a lot of people do fuck all for most of their 20s, you're not some weird outlier. just do you

Basically are you reliable. That's the main thing they're looking for.

Fuck this idiot. We only have one shot at life. We are young, powerful and motivated now. Don't waste the best years of your life pleasure seeking and consooming. You're owed better. Your true self is owed better. Besides, you have weekends and annual leave days. The point is, it's not worth giving yourself no foundation for when you're older. By 30, I'll be a SVP earning 6 figures. Then I can fucking relax.

Your future therapist is gonna rape your bank account.

buddy what are you freaking out about, i'm not glorifying wasting your 20s, i'm telling OP his situation isn't unique and he shouldn't be demotivated. take your meds

I hit rock bottom at 16. I've spent the past 8 years forging myself anew with psychedelics and discipline. I have reached actualisation, and the classical sense of enlightenment. I am absolutely at peace with my life and what I have to do next. I have 2 decades worth of anger to burn through as fuel. I will never see a shrink because my mental health is, through tears and work, rock solid. You don't have to waste a lifetime realising what you can much more quickly. Evola is a good place to start.

>you're not a weird outlier just do you
>most people do fuck all
That sounds awfully permissive to me.

mental illness

This reads like a manic episode. Hope you get the help you need buddy.

>dude you WILL argue semantics with me

2 year long manic episode, huh? Or, maybe I've just got my shit together.

you misinterpreted a post and now you're going on an angry tangent while presenting as the most insufferable person in the thread

>t. Someone who has never worked at a tech company.

I don't understand why you crabs act like any positive momentum is somehow related to mental illness. Alexander the Great conquered the world at 22, and here we are bitching about holding a job, god you people are pathetic. Work out, eat well, read, sleep and try harder. Because you have nothing better to do.

>preaching to randoms on an anonymous imageboard
ironically sounds like you have nothing better to do

>maybe I've just got my shit together
How old are you? (Seriously curious)

It's 8am, I just finished working out and am waiting to go bouldering in an hour. In this moment, I have nothing better to do.

I'm 24.

who asked

>programming becoming automated
Yeah I'm thinking you're larping

no tard

Buddy, I think people would agree with what you're saying if you weren't such a faggot. OP started a brand new career at 26, in a way he might as well have wasted the past 8 years of his life, aside from learning general life lessons. It doesn't matter though as long as he puts in the work. I'd almost assume you're trolling with how you've flooded the post with your anger. Nobody glorified laziness, you're just being overaggressive for no reason. Chill out man.

>I'm 24
Take it from an oldfuck COO, work/money isn't everything. I'm there - It gets lonely atop the mountains. You need more human connections. It sure bites my ass at times. My Genesis G90 sure can't help with that. Hookers are like hamburgers too.
>>programming becoming automated
>Yeah I'm thinking you're larping
He actually isn't. Shit is moving FAST in the AI world:
scientificamerican.com/article/we-asked-gpt-3-to-write-an-academic-paper-about-itself-then-we-tried-to-get-it-published/

>learning general life lessons.
This is way more crucial than most people think.
In my opinion as a COO, I rather hire the crackhead jack of all trades who has solution for me than a bookworm with x degrees but no life experience