Anyone know anything about guitars?

Anyone know anything about guitars?
Tried soldering some pickups on my guitar but fucked it up real bad

Attached: origin.jpg (630x420, 49.93K)

Attached: 6973a31560a4059e88a87dd077eafdeb.gif (900x1000, 1.16M)

first, use some solder-removing wick to mop up your old bad work. use an iron with a clean, non-oxidized tip and LEADED solder (lead-free solder is cucked). consider practicing on some spare wires/protoboard beforehand

Solder removing wick? Fuck, havent heard of it. I really am a retard.

Type learn to solder into duck duck.

show us what you did

Gonna need more details

Ill be honest I did a shit piss poor job. I kinda dont care that much since it is a beater/experimental guitar. Tried installing new pickups
I fucked up the soldering tremendously

Attached: IMG_20220702_203344928.jpg (4160x3120, 1.97M)

Are there even wires being soldered? Looks like you just melted some braid to a pcb

Tried replacing the stock pickups with alnico 5 pickups. I fucked it up initially so it sounded out of phase. The combo settings (neck plus middle and bridge plus middle)
Now it only buzzes. Like I said, not that mad, more disappointed anything. My fault for being an idiot

Attached: Screenshot_20220702-203913.png (720x1600, 1.05M)

Ill be honest, with the shit job i did, probably not. The wires were very thin and I tried mt best to solder a droplet of that wire onto the board to connect but I fucked it up really bad.

I can't see the purpose for the white,yellow,blue wires being soldered to the shell of what looks like a potentiometer. If you have a wiring diagram, that may help.

Bros at guitar center might try to help you out if you decide to bail out

Do you have your wiring diagram handy? Did you shield the cavity? Did you check to see if your hot is grounding out anywhere?

I just followed the original pickup setup. They were all soldered together basically and since the people who soldered them together actually had a brain, the wire soldered onto the wires was a perfect circle blob, not the shit show thatbis my work

No, no, and no. I just tried to replicate the original pickup layout but I think the soldering iron I used was too hot initially at 450 c, i think the youtube guy recommended 350

It takes practice. Take your time and don't rush it

Idk if this will help

Attached: th-1374048638.jpg (474x351, 36.74K)

Should be similar principles, that seems to be for a les paul, mine is a single coil sss strat style guitar. Thanks either way

I figured, barely my 2nd time soldering. 1st was when I switched out the bridge to get a better bridge

Buy solder wick. Make sure the tip is clean and shiny. BUY FLUX, either in paste or liquid form. Seriously, the key to good soldering is flux.

not the other guy but it's mainly useful for printed circuit boards, as is a solder sucker. if you're just soldering wires together, you can just cut away a bad solder joint and start over of course. practice on some scrap first. also agreed on leaded solder, lead free solder is ass, especially for small jobs like this. lead free is used at the industrial level in factories that are doing thousands of circuit boards every day

this. flux helps immensely.