*mogs JavaScript*

*mogs JavaScript*

Attached: 7386363A-C342-4057-A382-971770C00CA4.png (1024x576, 124.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array#browser_compatibility
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*will be dead soon like jQuery*

Why are you Any Forumsuys not using TypeScript?

Shall I learn this or rust?

This is JavaScript.

If don't have a requirement for super high performance or need memory level access then just learn typescript

i am but I always just wing it. i never properly learned JS and TS.

with types

That's not a high bar to clear

Coffeescript is better than typescript

Deno was just added to the mdn browser compatibility section of every page recently
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array#browser_compatibility

It probably was in like 2014

transpiling to another lang sounds retarded so i never bothered learning it. that said i never bothered learning js either. i just put something functional together and don't touch it afterwards.

True, but being better designed than JS is an extremely low bar.

>CoffeScript
lmao

still doesn't mean anything when js eats it alive, no?

Poor man's static types.

I'm not really sure what you mean, but yeah it's a sign that deno use is growing and it's not going away any time soon and a lot of current JavaScript libraries these days are being upgraded to typescript so if the trend continues then typescript might become the kind of default language of the web. And if chromium integrates denos changes to the v8 engine so typescript runs natively in the browser then other browsers may follow and then there's a decent chance it's over for JavaScript not long after that. I don't think JavaScript will become deprecated like java applets or anything for a long time though

>A parasite claiming to be better than its host

>javascript but with types
oh so literally worse javascript, no thanks

Why are you buffoons talking about TS as if it is some JS framework when it's definitively not? It's a subset, typescript IS javascript WITH added types that make it so much easier to write predictable code, since you are offloading all the type checking you would usually do in you head, if at all, to the compiler, same reason Rust is praised so much for its own compiler giving you hell when you don't write predictable code – all that is javascript is just untyped typescript and will continue to be so unless ECMAScript ever adds types, which probably won't happen. Google embraced TS all the way, unlike any JS framework because TS is just better JS, there's literally no reason not switch to better alternatives.

>typescript might become the kind of default language of the web
won't happen, js will eat ts like it did with jQuery.
screenshot this