To anyone who says it's A, let me get something straight. You think the cube comes out the other side and then just...

To anyone who says it's A, let me get something straight. You think the cube comes out the other side and then just... stops? For no fucking reason?

Attached: 7c0.jpg (636x424, 38.18K)

yes

It was never moving. Object in motion stays in motion.

If it's not moving then it can't come out of the blue portal.

It doesn't stop, it was never moving in the first place. The platform is moving not the cube

It has to move relative to the blue portal, otherwise it would stay on the orange side of the portal.

This is easy for anyone who has read about relative motion.

The B is the answer. It's not about the cube's speed, it's about the relative speed fo the cube compared to the portal it enters. The DELTA is what's important, not the starting velocity.

It can't stay on the orange side of the portal? the orange side is completely press against the black foundation, so since the blue portal where it pokes out of is on a slant making it drop.

Here, I made it painfully obvious that B is the correct answer.

Attached: 1656727839477.jpg (636x424, 36.07K)

If anything this proves A is the answer, the cube doesn't gain any momentum, the cube will come out and then plop down because of the slant.

A is right, it’s no different than if you had a window frame in your hand and placed it on a cube. The cube wouldn’t move.

I thought this initially as well, however as the portal is similar to a wormhole rather than a matter-energy transporter, this does not apply. The cube is simply in the new location, the wormhole's own speed & trajectory are irrelevant. If the wormhole affected speed & trajectory, we would see this effect in fast-moving objects that enter stationary wormholes.

Yes it can. It came out sideways. Then gravity drags it down.

It wouldn't go in at all. Portals aren't allowed to move on surfaces if we're going by portal 2 rules. Niggers.

Due to the color and shape of the portals, and the addition of a cube from the game Portal, I'm inclined to think this functions off Aperture technology.

Anyone who's played the game Portal or Portal 2 knows any surface a portal is placed on moves rapidly, the portal becomes unstable and dissipates.

So none of the above.

However if I'm wrong, and it's a stable portal that can move, answer A.

Attached: edfc430940863904b7b7b358abe44d41--murdoc-gorillaz-gorillaz-art.jpg (235x212, 14.3K)

According to portal rules the game or in this case reality itself would crash/collapse, the C option

>Drop window frame over cube
>Cube comes out the other side of the top side of the window frame at the same speed as it went in relative to the bottom side
Thank you for demonstrating why it's B.

What, like if the portal were shot at the moon, it would instantly dissipate?

Thank you for demonstrating why is it B
>Cube comes out the other side of the top side of the window frame at the same speed as it went in relative to the bottom side
>Cube isn't moving originally
So it's A

It didn't go in. The engulfed it. Lol

"Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

Conservation of energy. The cube will continue to move in whatever direction it was moving (wrt spacetime) prior to portalling. The portal does not physically interact with the cube so it can't change its energy or velocity. If this is a hypothetical universe where the cube has absolutely zero kinetic energy then A is correct.

Think that actually happened at the end of one of the games, and the portal stays up for a while. Considering how fast the moon is moving, maybe it's something to do with the mass of the object? I really don't know.

The only force acting on the cube is gravity, then A happens.

>cube isn't moving
It's moving at 1000km/h around the center of the earth and at 65,000km/h around the sun, and at millions of km/h around the center of the galaxy. We're talking about RELATIVE motion, and the cube is moving relative to the portal.

How do we know this isn't happening on mars