Why are all these movies and shows, specifically in the capeshit genre...

Why are all these movies and shows, specifically in the capeshit genre, changing the race and sex of so many characters from the source material?

Attached: SmFjcXVlbGluZSBNYXJpZSBNZW5kb3ph.jpg (972x866, 287.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

minds.com/groups/profile/1315469745230712837/feed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

blame the marketing department

who gives a shit
they are all fictional characters and their race has nothing to do with the story.

>muh white jennaside

I hate being pandered.
Stop calling me Latinx you stupid fucks.

Attached: nigtrumite.jpg (423x724, 63.46K)

It's called marketing, not "appealing to the woke mob" as many retards call it. The demographics of America as a whole are different than your hick town, and they want to sell shit to more people. Diversity appeals to a wider audience, it brings in more people than the virgins it turns off. This is kindergarten level economics.

>Diversity appeals to a wider audience

Im not sure Hollywoods cartoon idea of diversity really sells. Every group wants movies about its own group not diversity. Eventually they will have to make different versions of the same movie for each market.

>their race has nothing to do with the story
this, with exceptions. established characters should stay the way they were intended. Bond is a white man for example.

jews

this. im secure in my skin. don't need the obvious pandering bullshit.

forsaking authenticity to pander to others degrades any longevity in the content. It's cheap, it's obvious. True minorities that are fans aren't idiots and are not "excluded" or offended by white casts. Any hopes of newblood this method hopes to catch don't stick around because they can smell a sellout movie when they see it. It's why lots of this new "marketing" isn't panning out well in box offices. Course ego "imrites" like you will double down and run whole industries into the ground before admitting you're WRONG.

t.blackie

I've wondered about this too if it actually sells. Like Netflix losing all this money, disney having low views on +, is it because of wokeness? or is just that its too much shit to watch or just low quality.

The term is "shitwashing." Replace white characters with shitskins.

Because people will cancel literally anything if it doesn't conform to their emotional distress and this comic show is actually good and they didn't want it to die because of some entitled pos

Netflix is losing money because they finally have competition after years of basically being a stream monopoly, a lot of the rights of their most popular shows went to their competition (ie The office and Friends)
Disney is the largest most successful media company in the world, their streaming programming is cheap and lacks quality, but the company as a whole is thriving.

It's new-age execs in every industry that SHOULD be fired but instead hold some sort of blackmail level hold in their positions. I suspect wallstreet/sharholders have some kind of profiting scheme in demoralizing the general public. That or Hollywood's revenue is bloated to hell and it's not worth actually trying nowadays.

every industry is full of these people. just watch the boys and see how they portray republicans

minds.com/groups/profile/1315469745230712837/feed

Jews did this

Attached: FB_IMG_1609046610707.jpg (720x533, 25.67K)

>Bond is a white man
Explain where in the films or books where Bond being white matters

>established characters should stay the way they were intended.
>explain where Bond being white matters
explain why you cannot comprehend written text?

There aren't really any political parties in the boys, all the politicians are deep in the pockets of the supe corporations and do their bidding.
The entire US government cooperates with the supe corporation because its a not so subtle analogy of the military industrial complexes influence in american government.

it actually ties into the idea of him being an anachronism, "A relic of the cold war".
It's how they managed to have their cake and eat it.

Shut up - sit back and enjoy: "THE MESSAGE"

Attached: tcd.jpg (1280x720, 105.5K)

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire premise of the boys wrong? why are there supes in the first place, fighting 'super-villains' if the only people capable of creating supes is Vought? therefore wouldn't create super-villains for obvious reasons.

In this instance I'm honestly very surprised they didn't keep them white in the show. You know, being nationalistic conquerors who think they're superior and all.

a lot of the source material is old and was targeted at a very male, very white audience.
now, they're appealing to a wide, diverse, international audience.
especially in the case of the MCU, it's fair to say that anyone who is a straight white male and interested in superheroes enough to watch is on board now.
how do you continue to expand the potential audience? you appeal to women, to people of colour.
and also, it's just more interesting. Ms Marvel is different. some find that "woke" and wet their pants, but I like some variation in my story telling and character arcs, even within a framework as limited as the MCU.