/spg/ - Smartphone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: lolibooru 364796 alternate_costume holding_phone murasaki_shion orange_eyes pink_headwear pink_shorts pink_sweater silver_hair very_long_hair virtual_youtuber.jpg (2329x1709, 1.04M)

god i want to lick her entire little body

Hello there gorgeous, smart and handsome Any Forumsents. Which brand gives regular security patches for their phones on a long time? (I prefer android)
And also i want a region free unlocked device so which brand gives that experience? (I won’t install custom roms on it)

Shion...

Snapdragon Note20 Ultra is the best smartphone.

Attached: yande.re 894950 gmkj gothic_lolita hololive loli lolita_fashion murasaki_shion no_bra pantsu string_panties.jpg (3500x2474, 921.91K)

samsung galaxy a33 and superior models should provide you with 5 years of security updates

ToT

Attached: 1595602214847.png (1074x1550, 734.72K)

Thinking about buying a redmi note 11 pro+. Name's a mouthful but the reviews are very positive

anons
how do you fully clean your phone from inside to outside
mine got sticky stuff all over it

Attached: 1644667350829.png (1447x2047, 1.71M)

This thread has been reported to the authorities.

inaide??

Great way to waste their time and resources.

what's the latest android version that still gets upgrades?

after getting an 8 inch e-book reader, I'm thinking about converting my phone to an 8 inch tablet, as well. I realized that its size is no impediment for me bringing it everywhere except maybe a bar.

average phone size: 165x75mm
smaller 8 inch tablet: 200x120mm
ipad mini: 195x134mm

with a 16:10 or 3:2 ratio, to boot. might as well just get an actually usable screen size for all the intended activities of a modern phone. it's not pocketable, but it's still portable.

Thinking about buying ZenFone 9 since it's a perfect size for my small hands but I am so used to my OP8, will I be downgrading myself?

Same.
But I'm used to google pixel

fuck it I'm bored

Attached: fold.png (804x1065, 105.13K)

Asked this just before the last thread died so I'm going to ask it again, I am considering selling my S10e and getting an iPhone 11 for the software lifespan and cameras. I've been pretty happy with most parts of the S10e thus far, only the fingerprint sensor and general android inefficiency has annoyed me. Battery life is serviceable, if only barely. I could also get a Galaxy A series for a lot less but they are massive, and the iPhone 11 is about the same size as my old V30 which was perfect. Exactly how retarded am I?

Attached: 1553512773501.png (639x531, 143.26K)

an American boomer relative is asking for a cheap (200$ and under preferably) unlocked Android phone. what's good nowadays? I know the A52 is good but a little too expensive.

My dad has a Mi Pad 4 that is still pretty decent for a lot of what he does, but he wants a bit of an upgrade. Issue is, he's really concerned about weight. This motherfucker used to be a body builder but 340 grams is just too much for him. Same for the size, anything much bigger is just inconvenient. Only option I've seen that isn't either a chinese tablet with a chinese ROM and chinese apps or something even more dated and a plain downgrade is the iPad mini. He's way too used to Android, including not paying for applications for the most part and including nova launcher. Unlike other people who can organize their stuff, he creates shortcuts for every single goddamn file he wants quick access to on the home screen, with tons of icons overlapping and over 10 pages. He refuses to use any kind of search function in any case. Aside from all of this, another thing he would complain about is lack of external memory options. He's a bit of a weird digital hoarder and everything he needs he must download on his tablet, and that includes plenty of videos. He does have multiple 256GB microSDs. I'm not sure if cheap and somewhat reliable adapters exist for this on the iPad mini.

Any other options out there? The Samshit galaxy tab active 3 would have been perfect for him if it weren't for the weight. I'm just having a hard time finding fucking anything that can replace the Mi Pad 4 in that regard. He's been waiting to get something like this for a while. The Mi Pad 5 not having an 8'' version made him frown like a motherfucker.

Was going to get a P6a with the purpose of going Graphene out of the gate, but reading about the shonky modem, the battery life issues, and 5g drain issues has me second guessing. Are there new pixel flagships coming soon? I don't follow smartphones anymore but is it probably best to wait?

Since you posted bocchi you are forgiven for being retarded

The only alternative is a foldable phone. I'm pretty sure manufacturers killed decent 8 inch tablets in anticipation of these.

That is fucked given the pricing on these.

>Redmi 10 (2022)
>Redmi Note 10 5G

either of these good? theyre cheap. i don't do much on my phone.

Attached: 1660002968458977.webm (1440x1440, 731.88K)

Umidigi bison. Its chinkshit with android 11 and no 5g. Looks pretty unique and has okay performance. Look on ebay for better prices.