I know nothing at all about programming. Where do you start? How do you specialize yourself in Data Science?

I know nothing at all about programming. Where do you start? How do you specialize yourself in Data Science?

Attached: 1655069948934.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

Start in loli threads.

Depends.
You want to be lazy, go object oriented.
You want to be hardcore. Go asci C.
Read Dennis Richie's books.
Or, you can just script with Python/PHP. Depends, there's a market for it all.
Real money is in data manipulation. Learn databases like SQL.

Thanks. I'm looking for info about how to start programming, and basically there are two paths right now, Data Science or Web Development.

I know nothing about them, but Data Science (apparently) has better work/life balance and pays better BUT requires maths, which I'm decent but not a mathematician.

Formal logic

Actually the key skill that most 'data scientists' seem to lack is an understanding of statistics - analyzing and interpreting data. If you've a fair grounding in mathematics expose yourself to this. Depending on the field a good grounding in the theory of that field is also relevant.

Learning to use and create code is always useful. Get yourself a few books on something like Python (there are loads of excellent free resources online, too) and step through from the beginning.

Embrace experience and give yourself some opportunities for practical learning that let you explore the framework/structured learning.

>requires maths
Fractal integers are fundemental.

>Fractal integers
WORD FUCKING UP
MATH IS REQUIRED TO BE A GOOD PROGRAMMER. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND PLATFORM LIMITATIONS WHEN IT FINALLY TRANSLATES TO MACHINE CODE.

Yes, to be any good... but that's hardly a start point.

Tf is a fractal integer? Did you mean sequence?

>Lrn2words

Keyword "GOOD". Most programmers are drag and drop library monkeys. I mean, I won't be that guy and say object placement wysiwyg isn't real programming. But it's more like gui design of data interaction. There are so many fucking career paths in application / OS development. Either you interact with hardware directly or an interpreter. That's my classification. But, I'm fucking hardcore. I can code assembly with notepad nigga. lol

Not sequence, a pattern. lol
And fractals doesn't just apply to numbers dummy.

NICE
FUCK YEAH

here you go mate:
google drive /file/d/132PJYyxTWjZGgG7_GbijjK9ngC4udU5g/view
practiceit.cs.washington.edu/

A good first step is to learn an entirely new operating system, get comfortable with it and then do it again.

>I know nothing of programming

My advice? Don't start. By the time you learn one language, some Zoomer will have learnt 3

The foundation hasn't changed in 50 years. Likely not going to either. You're talking about scripting, which requires interpretation. There's always going to be that new hot shit that simplifies design. But, that's not programming.

you have excel? go to youtube, do VBA tutorials.
first you need to understand was coding is in terms of writing lines, debug, etc.
if you then still have fun with it and like what you can do go to some programming language like c or python.
opposite to what you think it is better to see different environments and languages because you then soon will recognize its basically all the same.

>Excel

Don't do this. Really. Don't.

Yeah, different methods of interaction with hardware will help you grasp what you are doing.

If you are really serious, and willing to dedicate fucking years of your life. Learn machine code. ASM for x86+64 extention. And ARM for the future, but really ARM is where the industry is going.

Actual retard right here.

Awww, poor guy doesn't see it. You never will. ha ha

why not?
because of the deviations of the variables? as if that would be significant for a beginner user.
the first hurdle is configuring a development environment.
I claim 70% of the people out there who want to learn programming already fail at this and then have no more interest.
with VBA at least you dont have to set up anything.
you can start right away.

YEAH
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INCEPTION AND MEASUREMENT. FRACTALS EXIST EVERYWHERE
SPECIFYING INTEGERS MEANS WE ARE NOT TALKING BOTANY.

TRYING TO HELP HERE.