Does anyone know enough about eBay to tell me how screwed I am?

Does anyone know enough about eBay to tell me how screwed I am?
I'm returning an item to a seller because it wasn't working, but the address on the return label is apparently the seller's old address, as he's currently in his summer home 4 hours south. I sent the item anyways, and he asked me to reroute it, but was told by USPS that I couldn't. Item eventually arrives at his old address, and gets marked "Vacant" and is being sent back to me. eBay marked the return as successfully delivered, but seller refuses to initiate refund, and is now trying to get in touch with eBay to "solve the issue since its not going according to the return process". I told this guy I'd pay for shipping to get the item back to him at his current address, but he thinks I'm trying to scam him or something.
Is eBay going to side with this guy, or will I still get my money back?

Attached: 1200px-EBay_logo.svg.png (1200x480, 38.7K)

you got scammed idiot

Update: just got told by eBay that the return is currently closed because the seller opened a case against me, and it's currently being reviewed. Hoping this is resolved semi-smoothly

if you have documentation proof, ebay should side with you

Case is now put on hold, I have to wait for the item to get back to me and then ship it out with a new label. I guess it's fine, but I'm annoyed at having to further wait for my money just because this guy couldn't update his address

Here's a pic of the giant, vibrating black dildo i purchased from ebay.

It's nice and everything but the vibration feature doesn't work

Attached: images (3).jpg (225x225, 4.27K)

>using scamBay
there's your problem

I work with ebay for a living as a seller. Sellers get fucked hard with the current rules. If you sent the package to the correct address listed then you win. Ebay will automatically pull the money from them if they don't initiate. The resolution should fall on your side.

I basically got told that in order to get my money back, I'll have to wait to see if the item makes its way back to me, and then eBay would issue me a new label. The seller doesn't respond to anything I'm telling him in my messages, just keeps updating me on the case details he submitted.
I just get worried in cases like this because I don't want to piss off someone who has my real name and address.

eBay is short for electronic bay.
I hope this helps OP

Attached: 1656425048944.gif (498x280, 1.85M)

Don't ever buy from eBay. Scam central.

I’ve been buying on ebay for years. Never once scammed. They have a money back guarantee anyway. ywnbaw

If you got thr documentation and paperwork, ebay usually sides with the buyer. The idiots saying eBay is a scam bought gold for 2 dollars and is upset its fake

I really don't think I'm getting scammed here. I think this is just a case of the seller panicking, thinking I'm trying to scam them, even though I've only done what eBay's required of me. Told him I'd return the item, but he won't acknowledge it and just keeps telling me about his contact with eBay.
I just got off support chat and was told they'd close the case in my favor. I'm just hoping this seller will listen to me and understand I'm not doing anything to screw him here

Who cares what the seller thinks? ebay will side with the customer. You literally can’t get scammed. It’s much different than it was in the 90s. I buy all my stuff on ebay because it’s way better than amazon. Never had a problem.

I only care because I'm hyperparanoid and get worried that people I piss off will either try to kill me or hire someone to kill me

That’s completely insane. It’s probably just some retarded boomer.

Ebay seller here, that won’t happen. Believe me he has dealt with much bigger idiots. I’m the most vengeful person you’ll ever meet but would never think of doing anything to a customer regardless of how bad of a person they are.

Thank you, that quells my fears a little bit

Attached: E0DwjdHVcAQ6JDr.jpg (1280x720, 130.37K)

Kek