Why is cheating so common in modern society?

Why is cheating so common in modern society?

It is perpetuated by popular media, talked about in songs, boasted about on social media.

Is 1 on 1 romance dead or am I just autistic?

Attached: 1624248979730.jpg (636x600, 93.66K)

It's pretty much dead. Divorce rates are at a staggering high, and then you have lgbt undergoing evolution every five years, making new sexual lifestyles.

Yeah it is fucked with all the cuck and poly shit that people go for. Is having a loving wife and maybe a kid or 2 too much to ask for?

Move to the Middle East, you bigot.

Monogamy has always been antithetical to nature, reality, logic/common sense, and instinct.

Romance is a cope for those who don’t have anything interesting going on with their life

Well, isn't shitting on romance a cope for Any Forums 30yo virgin fags?

It's very much alive and possible. It's just that you only hear about people's breakups and general misery. People like to share their misery but keep their happiness to themselves and their close ones. If you've ever had a gf, you probably know what I'm talking about.
I mean, some couples do cheat on each other but there's a lot of em out there who don't and are happy together, have a happy family and a decent household. Those decent people just don't make their thing everyone else's business. The "widespread cheating" is just some vocal minority echo chamber of depressed and undiagnosed mentally ill people who want to spread their pain onto others.
For instance, you can tell there's something wrong with and and by that I don't mean they aren't normalfags either.

>For instance, you can tell there's something wrong with
You can tell there is something wrong with anyone who's zealous about such a trivial personal issue.

Let me rephrase this I think romance is more trouble than it’s worth and I don’t see why people want it so badly. I already get emotional support from my family and friends leaving the only benefit left being sex whitch I find gross. But who knows maybe I will change my mind am a zoomerfag after all

In popular culture it provides subject matter for entertainment.

>marriage =monkey brain go yes

It is alive... Outside of the US.
I don't understand why Americans don't date that much, they know each other for a month and already want to get married.
No wonder they cheat, no wonder they divorce. They don't know their wife/husband. If they went slower, dated for years, got to know their partner and don't rush to marry/have kids (why do Americans have to have a kid with each partner? Wtf) everything would be way smoother

Well my view on this is probably a little skewed because I'm active in our local BDSM Community. But I have the feeling that polyamory is more and more prevalent in younger generations.
Most young people in the community are poly. I'm aware that this is nor representative of the whole society, but there is a clear difference between the younger and the older folks in our community.
Tbh. it's rather unlikely to find one partner that ticks all Checkboxen on ones Kink-List, so having the opportunity to try out different things with other people is a huge freedom, I wouldn't want to miss. I'm just glad my wife's not interested in sex with other guys, but that's where I would draw the line anyway (she knows that).

>Monogamy has always been antithetical to nature
You’re not a fucking bug. Plenty of mammals mate for life

>Monogamy has always been antithetical
I know that's true for some birds, but mammals? Can you give an example?

Marriage died when women entered the work force

Isn't poly just the new word for hippies? I feel like this shit ain't new, just slapping new paint on the word.

Kek, yeah cause marriage was perfect before that happen.

Attached: 5DF62E7A-E0FA-4A61-9696-7F21E1401C00.gif (220x220, 388.97K)

Labels change every decade or so. Noting is “new”.

Feminism.

>reddit spacing
tl;dr ywnbaw kys

Literally every black r and b song is about cheating. It's funny, the subject replaced love as the core theme of the entire black cultures predominant music genre (rap is exactly as bad). I like it.

This hand in hand with feminism overall.

Like you would know virgin

True, many “metal” bands of the 80’s had a mandatory “love ballad”. The worst shit ever.

Kek, if you only knew..

Attached: 16FD7487-7563-4601-9839-03723DDCF1F1.gif (498x280, 1.78M)

>Coupled for life, with just a bit of adultery, cuckoldry and gang rape on the side.
>Biolgists long believed, for example, that up to 94 percent of bird species were monogamous, with one mother and one father sharing the burden of raising their chicks. Now, using advanced techniques to determine the paternity of offspring, biologists are finding that, on average, 30 percent or more of the baby birds in any nest were sired by someone other than the resident male. Indeed, researchers are having trouble finding bird species that are not prone to such evident philandering.

Well not unless you decouple the unwashed unkempt hippy image from the hippy mentality of free love.
With most poly people I know you couldn't visually separate them from monogamous vanillas.

Well my step dad breeds a special breed of doves. And they definetly have long lasting partnerships that are extremely hard to break up. You basically have to isolate a new pair for a long time before they start to forget about their old partner.

Seems like a lot of work to have less sex.