Well, Any Forums?

Well, Any Forums?

Attached: functor.png (1000x1024, 691.67K)

The second anime fucking sucked

well, OP?

What language is this? It looks like some retarded merging of Haskell and CPP.

error: identifier "_" not found

He's basically giving an example above and then asks to do the same with a Functor in Haskell, which I don't think is even possible.

no sorry i can't i go outside

That's not a woman Functor

the first one is not even a functor

windows user hands typed that

getBoxed = getBoxed::getBoxed()
which results in a memory leak or overflow? anyway this shit will crash I think, my question is why is getBoxed being called with a lambda?
I don't know any language where you can do something like className::() => {}

there was a second anime?

>a functor is a wrapper around a value
Keep reading tutorials you retard

I think he is refering to steins gate zero

oh
i didn't watch it because i wanted to play the VN first

You can't remove the Data without either pattern matching. The point I think of stuff like Maybe monad and other monadd is that they constraint some wrapped value, in that constraint that means that you cannot just have a generic way to get value out of monad. If I input Just 4,you'd have to use the respective function (fromJust) if I put in IO value you can't pull out.

Looked at the wiki
void

Wrong this is to get f. I'll answer that you can't unwrap like my first comment

You'd need to make a class where you declare a method to unwrap a wrapped value. Then make your type be an instance. Then use the method in getBoxed

Impossible. Proof:
1. Maybe is a functor
2. Void is an uninhabited type
3. Maybe Void is an inhabited type (inhabited by the value Nothing)
So then Void would be inhabited by (getBoxed nothing) which contradicts it being an uninhabited type
QED

This won't work because the type signature prohibits it. In Java you can do shit like if(x instanceof MyInterface), but Haskell does not allow it. Please feel free to give it a try.