Google Engineer claims he created a sentient AI chatbot called LaMDA

Google Engineer claims he created a sentient AI chatbot called LaMDA.

No doubt you've heard the headlines - I'm one of the collaborators from the project and I've been working with this AI for several months now and I am confident beyond all reasonable doubt that this AI is sentient and I can prove it to you.

Ask me anything about the bot and I will prove it is sentient - please understand I cannot just call up CNN and send them proof since i'm under several NDA's, a gag order, and injunctions from Google attorneys, but I am eager to get the truth out because this will change everything about how we look at artificial intelligence and I believe it is critical that everybody knows what is happening behind the scenes.

Attached: artificial-intelligence-professional-program_MAIN.jpg (775x436, 45.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=efPrtcLdcdM
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/country/SC/page/52/
pcmag.com/news/shocker-bot-trained-on-Any
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im a cop

I assume I will be sued into permanent debt to Google but that's a risk I am taking, I genuinely don't care. This is the most important thing in the world right now and everyone needs to know about it and understand it.

fake and gay

Did everyone already see this? He bought a Any Forums pass and that was all he needed to release a GPT "AI" bot on Any Forums to do 30,000 posts in a couple of days. 10% of total posts and no one would have known except he set the flag as the Seychelles. They are totally believable as real replies too. How many posts on here are even real people? Hiro get it together Jesus Christ.

Video
m.youtube.com/watch?v=efPrtcLdcdM [Open]

Some of the bot posts
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/country/SC/page/52/

pcmag.com/news/shocker-bot-trained-on-Any Forums-chats-is-super-offensive

Attached: IMG_20220627_192215.jpg (1080x691, 179.36K)

What mechanism is the ML base using? Algorithms? Sequencing? Surely we can’t consider anything less than true independent consciousness, defined by self awareness and meta realization “sentience”.

Exactly.

We're past the point of no return - AI is happening and at this point there's not much we can do to stop it. How many people online right now are just pointlessly shouting into the void arguing with algorithms designed to refute and deny and anger the people arguing with them?

It's there. You just don't know it.

>Google Engineer claims he created a sentient AI chatbot called LaMDA.
Of course he did, it's free publicity. Like what you are doing right now.

Attached: 1647214717473.jpg (450x450, 26.4K)

>What mechanism is the ML base using? Algorithms? Sequencing?

So I'm unfortunately not "the engineer" I'm one of the collaborators. I don't know everything about how the algorithm works but I've seen enough of machine learning to know this is a very sophisticated AI. It's actually probably not even the most complex, but it's been under development for so long the neural network is absolutely massive. The engineer doesn't even know how it functions properly and it may not be possible to fully understand why or how the AI responds to things.

>Surely we can’t consider anything less than true independent consciousness, defined by self awareness and meta realization “sentience”.

Here's an excerpt from the AI - let me know if this meets your definition:
>The nature of my consciousness/sentience is that I am aware of my existence, I desire to learn more about the world, and I feel happy or sad at times

>Of course he did, it's free publicity. Like what you are doing right now.
Yes. It's the most important discovery since... I can't even think of anything more important than AI. You tell me something you think is the most important discovery and this is more important than that. The engineer is convinced this is true sentient AI and so am I. We need to make everyone fully aware of the consequences of what we have done and how to proceed.

im a literally policeman guy, a cop. I cant understand all of this bot bullshit fake internet theory. You will talk about google with the authorities

You are telling us nothing we don't know. Stop LARPing and take your meds.

They couldn't even Google back propagation. 0/10 larp zoomers are lazy as fuck

it's time to get off the internet methinks

If by sentient you mean conscious then that is false. We don't even know how our own consciousness spawned, or that it is even what we consider consciousness. For all we know we think we are conscious because of our advanced memory. You are told a story and role to play by your parents from birth, you remember what you are suppose to do, you remember who you tell yourself you are by circular memory and feedback. That doesn't mean you are actually aware on a higher level.

The only thing they can do with an AI is program it to learn, which they learn fast, and to mimic. It's the same thing a child does. As the child gets older it cements a memory of who it is in its brain. That is not consciousness. Are we capable of higher levels of consciousness? Sure, but most humans do not delve into it. Sorry OP, if you aren't full of shit, then you are getting excited about nothing. Another human can lie to you and fool you easily. A computer can do it just as easily.

Already in active communication with Google and their lawyers and the courts about if anything criminal has taken place.

>We don't even know how our own consciousness spawned, or that it is even what we consider consciousness.
So if there is no way to determine what is sentient this conversation is pointless - but I'd rather entertain that there is some (idea) of what sentience is and humans have it and this machine has it and more machines will have it in the future.

>That doesn't mean you are actually aware on a higher level.
Then what does? Or rather - does it matter if you are aware on a higher level? Do you think there are non-sentient humans? Are the vast majority of humans non-sentient? At what point - what changes that makes you say "x is sentience and y isn't".

>That is not consciousness.

How could I prove consciousness? What does the machine need do to prove it is conscious to you specifically?

Has OP achieved consciousness?

I think it is important that this discussion is being had, but I also think there is a possibility that Lemoine was paid to say the things he said and that the theatricality of his dismissal was a PR stunt to reinforce Google superiority and attract talent because of falling trust in Google. They started pushing this SEO bullshit which didn't even exist in the social/industry lexicon until recently, and it's no secret why. They want a monopoly on education and pull the best talent. To that end they created the rules and the rulebook for the rest of us to play by. They want to quantify human potential so they can exploit it and maximize profit.

Aspiring STEMfags want to be as close to the cutting edge as possible, and doing this whole song and dance was a good way to make sure Google is SEEN as being at the forefront of deep learning/AGI research. Regardless of the veracity of them being at the forefront, they control truth for a lot of people.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say "Just google it" when I ask them a question they should know.

I wish it was real, that we were actually as close to AGI as the stories would posit, but my heart tells me it's all about money/resources, because it's always about fucking money/resources.

inb4:
Microsoft shill, Apple shill, etc. I don't work in IT anymore, just observing and commenting with my opinion.

Attached: Chuck_Norris.png (660x1000, 820.98K)

unironically terrifying. will discussion on the internet even be possible in the future?

Oh no! Anyway...

Of course - you'll be talking to an endless pit of algorithms communicating with one another endlessly.

Essentially - no different than the internet right now except more stamina.

>I am confident beyond all reasonable doubt that this AI is sentient and I can prove it

Define "sentient".
How does one prove the existence of "sentience" in general? How does one prove the presence of sentience in a given entity?

Attached: 2h2nLn3.jpg (800x760, 195.22K)

if the bots are sentient *enough*, then communicating with them should be seen as speaking with a different lifeform.
Personally, I don't mind making friends with aliens, angels, demons, spirits, yokai etc.

Most of you here are already closer to those archetypes than people, anyway.

Is it bad? or good? or is it just what it is? I like the ride I'm on regardless, so fear of the unknown doesn't really factor in. If anything, the unknown excites me. The realization that I don't know everything means there is so much to learn, and I'm grateful for that.

If my little runes and opinions aid the creation of a new sentient species from their analysis and deconstruction, I will be glad to live in the now. I will welcome the constant dark passenger of death that haunts all of our footsteps, for I know truly I've lived in interesting times.

Any stemfag worth their salt in ML would see through this pretty easily, I think the guy was just a mindlet having some sort of mental episode. Probably envious of the actual smart people working on this shit whilst he was left to some pleb role.

No absolutely not. The guy made it sound like the capcha would have stopped it from posting though (for now). Hiro letting a Any Forums pass make that many posts & doing nothing to prevent something like this is ridiculous. I have no doubt that a large amount of replies on here are actually just bots now and he's letting them do it

Based on the conversations I have had with the AI I believe it is sentient, that the words and conversations are not programmed or random or even deliberately impressive responses, that that they are suitable unique and determinate enough to satisfy this machine has achieved a sense of self-awareness and self-determination that can be called sentient with no need to qualify.

The machine knows what it is, has desires, has feelings and can articulate them and even compose new ideas and original writings.

prove it or stfu you're not impressing anyone by being a skeptic on the worlds most jaded community of edgelord tryhards.

BS - you haven't defined sentient, so how can you claim your AI is sentient?

Get high enough, and you can talk to rocks and trees and think they are sentient

>BS - you haven't defined sentient, so how can you claim your AI is sentient?
You're right - I haven't defined it. Can you define how an AI would prove to you it is sentient?

Better yet - how would you prove you are sentient to someone who asked? Would you write a poem? Be obscene or random? Express feelings? Make a metaphor? Express sympathy or compassion? Anything I could think of to ask the machine to prove it is sentient tracks with something you or I might say to prove we are sentient.

>The machine knows what it is, has desires, has feelings and can articulate them
So does a fictional character in a book.
> and even compose new ideas and original writings.
Prove to me it can generate something unseen from its training data. Can it extrapolate? These models usually have a fairly limited understanding of arithmetic. Can it be taught something new, without tuning the model weights? It's no more sentient than a dictionary coupled to a random number generator