Whats working in an office like?

Whats working in an office like?

Attached: ec526c93dadd95e41581a2607b90f3f9--gareth-keenan-funny-scenes.jpg (500x281, 45.61K)

looks some bad british knock off of The Office

Its not a knockoff, it is its own thing

that dude even looks like Jim is that supposed to be pam?

It's boring. Everyone is loud as fuck. And annoying. And boring. Did I mention you get bored a lot? It's fucking easy. Easiest job I've ever had.

Attached: Adolf-Hitler-1930s.jpg (1030x1600, 195.69K)

Whats ur official job title?
Whats the culture like?

Y r u a faggot?

You know the office was originally a British show written by Ricky Gervais right? Cause that’s what the op pic is from

Why do faggots just eat the mlst obvious bait now?

It's not bad. You get to appreciate how fucking stupid anyone saying it's a 'real job' is; I do, maybe, 8 hours of real work every week. Most of my day is spent browsing random tech articles or fucking around with BitBurner.

Retail, Fast Food, blue collar work and etc are all far more difficult jobs.

Im not a gay homo cock sucking pole smoking beef jerky milk smoothie faggot you bitch. Fuck you

I am a janitor, I only work 3 hours every day on average. How much do office workers make?

I make around 52,000 a year, my coworker makes 6 grand more. I don't want to think about what my boss makes.

I worked at a new age tech company before covid hit. They did all the google shit and provided free snacks, lunches, tons of creature comforts in office. It still fucking sucked because you’re surrounded by people and unless you’re an extrovert it becomes extremely draining, extremely fast. I don’t mind talking to people all day if it’s about work and getting shit done. The difficult part is pretending to give a rats ass about their idle chatter for 40 hours a week. So mind numbing.

This. I'm a Product Lead for a Mid size tech firm - job is mostly meetings. Minimum effort, and fairly little pressure so long as you are getting by producing some work.

I make about $95k before tax (in the UK). Could go for a higher payer, but don't want the pressure of a startup or the bullshit of bigger corps. So unless something really cool comes along y startup wise, I quite like cruising here. Pay is around my 'figure' so quite happy.

How much experience u have? Seems decent for next to no work
Sounds like it wouldnt be for me, Im a super twat that likes to be alone and avoid people as much as possible.
Any other upsides or downsides to it?
Can u listen to music on earbuds or something?

What are the subtle nuances of the office?
Is corporate really as bad as they say it is or i think it is? Seems like corporate is a hollow husk of fluff, superficialities and emptiness but i wouldnt know

That's weird, I use to work at an office surrounded by engineers (electrical and software) and you could hear a pin drop. It wasn't as good as your job so maybe that's the difference.

14 years experience in my field. I started in a more blue collar, repair shop environment when I was 15, and managed to finesse my way into a mid sized corporate IT position.

It's good money for what little I do, absolutely.

First job out of Uni was at a big bank as a software engineer - it wasn't objectively bad, but just a bit weird. Everyone had this sort of feeling they might get fired, despite doing nothing wrong.. Corporate HR handled lots of the onboarding, training etc and it was a bit weird - got the feeling they didn't know what we were here to do. Tech first companies are more team based, and leader managed which is better than a face from HR.

Do you mean like office life? My current job I'm semi-client facing so dress a bit smarter than my team which is a bit of a pain but honestly I quite like my colleagues, good friends made. Not all the fakery that people sometimes push.

Like a few people said:

For extroverts, it is amazing.

If you are introverted, the other people are annoying.

I fall into the introverted category; usually just put on headphones for a visual DND mode. Sometimes, there isn’t any music playing, just have them on to tell others I do not want to talk.

Also, never give them 100% effort, only 30%.

Office Space but you don't get to steal money from your employer

I mean the place I worked at was sick, high rise in the middle of downtown. Yeah you can use headphones and stuff. Sounds like we’re similar, you’d be able to tolerate it some days but you don’t get to pick your coworkers and if you get a couple annoying ones it can get old real fast. There’s just nowhere to hide from them to get work done if you’re tied to your desk like I was for my role.

That's the perk of being IT in an office environment tbh. If I have powershell or command prompt up with 'dir' ran in a busy directory and KACE on my second monitor, no one except other IT people will know I'm not actually busy, but just staring at a list of files until they go away.

Attached: Mata-mata-turtle-facts.jpg (1200x1680, 71.15K)

If you're not a total fucking retard then you get all of your work done in a day and sit on your phone for the next 4 days. If you have terrible time management and/or are stupid you can spend the whole week working.

It's laughable that baby boomers need an office 5 days a week. I think they just hate their families.