SSD to be deprecated

Spinning disks are back Any Forums
arxiv.org/pdf/2207.10793.pdf

Attached: 1659801491696.png (902x935, 441.96K)

Fuck the planet, I don't want my kids to live in this place.

I never want to deal with HDD failure again, fuck that. I still have mechanical storage, but I want to get those replaced when 4TB+ SSDs become cheaper.

>Moreover, digital data creation and consumption across the globe is snow bowling
Doesn't somebody proofread this shit?

No. Its a big problem.

I've had one HDD fail and one SSD fail. but I've owned three times as many HDDs as SSDs.

>he doesn't go snow bowling every Christmas

Take the optical media pill.

can't wait until cassettes come back

We're just being slow walked into accepting lower living standards. SSDs will be considered completely vital for Amazon and Microsoft servers, but for the average consumer... well, do they really need a computer to begin with? Why not just give them a smartphone!

I never used an SSD to begin with. I don't trust them ever since the shilling for SSDs started last decade. I WILL continue to use my HDD and I will NOT use your SSDs fuck you NSA and fuck your unreliable untrustworthy SSDs. HDDs just werk. I can trust a spinning magnet, who the fuck knows how electricity works.

On a legitimately tech related note, not all SSDs are created equal and a lot of the low end single NAND package (ie 60-128GB) chinkshitter garbage ends up being slower than a short stroked mechanical HDD. You can still find them in low end laptops and prebuilts. The piss poor quality overheating NAND controllers coupled with a minute amount of SLC cache without any onboard DRAM ends up being a complete fucking disaster especially as the drive fills up.

Attached: dmG1O.png (1024x671, 185.78K)

They are smoking crack. HDDs are much worse for the environment. Neodymium magnets don't simply doesn't spring right from the ground. High-RPM HDD are power hogs especially the pre fluid-bearing era.

not my problem
>spillingoil.jpg

Dude just get more RAM and use the RAM as cache.

they already have. some Any Forums tier indie artists do limited special editions for cassettes. some pretentious guy also made a minidisc release. years ago, i even purchased an indie game at a con that was being sold on a 3.5 inch floppy and still came with an itch.io code.

What's next? New Hitclips releases?

Yep, the whole green movement is just a move back to neo-fedualism/aristocracy

SSDs are worse for the environment but they also last a lot longer than HDDs meaning they end up less in landfills overtime. It's a reasonable tradeoff.

>SSDs are worse for the environment but they also last a lot longer than HDDs

>SSDs cells have a literal finite amount of writing before they become read only
>SSDs WILL lose all data if left unplugged for too long to maintain power to the cells

>HDD's can last forever unplugged
>HDD's without defects can theoretically run forever

dont care still using ssd

the moment you apologize is the moment you lose

That's still to be determined honestly

>>HDD's without defects can theoretically run forever
They still wear
Unless you're feeling especially adventurous there is a reason you wouldn't want to use HDDs past a certain time. Rule of thumb for some peeps is 5 years of 24/7 use.
If used in an array the whole array becomes a liability because the drives are past the point of random early failures. Any failures from there on are more than likely old age related and failures will come much closer together, sometimes too close to even rebuild.

humans being alive is bad for the planet. everything we do as a consequence is bad for the planet. this will never chance. who fucking cares.

Jews and trannies run this planet. Don't care. Let it burn.

Laser chads just can't stop winning.

This. Damage control is inevitable, so why bother with prophylactic procedures no one will ask for?