Neetdom in tech

how long can one be a neet before it starts to look bad to tech employers? talkin bout that period in between college graduation and first job

Attached: VEzhe9-1349393861.jpg (670x424, 145K)

You can probably get away with a year.
Just say you were backpacking across Europe.

How about a 27 year old with no degree and no experience and no projects?

Probably 4-6 months before you become completely and utterly unemployable, regardless if you have a degree.

Maybe learn to fucking lie OP holy shit. Resumes are an antiquated boomer ritual, everyone exaggerates/lies on them. If you're skilled and have a good project portfolio you can do whatever the fuck you want

Attached: 1658024668736.jpg (756x814, 506.96K)

Pretty fucked. Try to go into some bullshit I.t desk help job and go from there. It's easier to get a job when you're already employed

4 years here

Surely someone wants me. I'll make a few dopey projects and that'll be good enough, right? Haha..

I got a job after about 6 years of NEETing and no degree. Had some freelance experience though.

depends on how hot the market is

Say you were out of the country visiting relatives in Dubai or some shit. Make up some lies about programming languages you know, and take some online courses to quickly pickup some web development basics. Junior web dev jobs are fairly easy to get and easy to do. One month experience on the job and you are good.

That’s dogshit. I know of guys who were unemployed for almost a decade and found a great job after two months of applying. Just don’t expect high pay or ideal work conditions.

Yeah you will have to start from the metaphorical bottom and I say that as someone that worked a dogshit I.t job in the past just to build experience

These are my last few days of being a NEET for a remote position. WFH isn't so great when you aren't working for yourself. It's just another form of wageslaving.

Do you speak from experience?

just say you've been working at mcdonalds. Who's gonna bother to check that?

I finished my degree and immediately got a wellpaying job
it's wfh and I can start the day when I want as long as I don't skip meetings and talks with customers
I go to bed at 3 or 4am and take random naps during the day
I feel like a NEET

When you guys say "degree", you're all talking about a bachelor's degree, right? Associate's degrees mean nothing, I assume.

PhD, Masters if you've got something interesting going on.

yes

Yes, in my previous I managed interns that were just learning basics of web development. It’s tedious, but easy to pick up quickly.

If you have no experience or degree, you should get yourself enrolled in a community college for cheap and transfer to a 4 year university for computer science. This will almost guarantee a well paying job, but it’s a four year plan. Sacrifice four years for decades of financial security.

pasting pasta:
Fuck being a neet. Get your life together and come face society!

You like computers? Well here's your ticket out of neetdom! Get the Google IT Support Certificate as a warm up then grab the CompTIA A+ Certificate. Next get a job at any help desk position. Technically the certs aren't needed but they make getting a help desk position smooth as butter even if you have a shit resume and plenty of gap years. So now that you have a basic job, what do you do next? Well keep building of course! If you are in the states, check out WGU. It's an online college that's done one your own time and it is pretty respected. Enough to bypass HR drones.

But no, don't just go to college, now that you have income, get a subscription to study.com and sophia.org. You can get college credits from here for a fraction of the price of a brick and mortar school. Now, transfer the credits from those to WGU and you will be able to get a bachelor's degree in a single semester. Did I mention WGU IT Degrees cram highly desired certificates down their student's throats. MEANING you would get that bachelor's, and like 10+ highly valued certs. This plus the experience granted from help desk guarantees you can navigate the IT sector for those sweet 6-figure positions.

At this point, you can live a healthy and productive life! Exercise, go on vacations around the globe, meet new people, and see and do things you never thought possible!

Attached: ikigai_japanese_secret_to_a_joyful_life_pic.png (730x730, 54.7K)