Why is all UI today dark and minimalistic?

Why is all UI today dark and minimalistic?

Attached: Private-Cloud-Dashboard-Dark-UI.jpg (800x600, 67.37K)

Zoomers and big corps

>dark
Usually has light mode
>minimalistic
It’s a good thing. Why’d you need all those decorations if you need just the function or information?

>you want colorful rainbow icons
I want black
>you want flat, bright material cards and...
I want black
>but iPhone...
I want black
>Fine
Thank you

Attached: We_are_the_batmen.jpg (628x479, 13.49K)

Because visual distinction helps with recognization, faggot.

Fucking good

I don't want your PRIDE colors and kindergarten icons

Visual "decoration" is good. A graph is worth 1000 words.

>minimalistic
its only an attempt, usually they fail and make a fuck ton of useless buttons that look nice but make your experience worse.

that doesnt look minimal to me
this is how minimal supposed to look like

Attached: 1653928277132.png (168x88, 6.6K)

>dark
Good.
>minimalistic
Good.

>I want black
black black black black numba oneeee
black as my soul

Attached: 1630978939199.png (400x386, 181.38K)

I don't need my buttons to have shading. I don't need a gradient. Not dark enough. The icon is unnecessary. The controls don't need buttons and the window doesn't need a border.

>dark
it's less strain on my eyes
>minimalistic
Why would you need overblown, complicated shit all over the place? Give me the functions i need/are useful, other shit can fuck off.

Graph isn’t a decoration. Skeuomorphism is.

is this better? it's called no-ui mode. just shows raw controls. more minimal than this is editing config file yourself

Attached: 1641029261281.png (659x429, 42.12K)

if only this was true

If old shit was good, half of this site would still be nazis.

>Dark good!
>Light bad!

>it's less strain on my eyes
Will never understand this. Reading shit on a dark background for more than a few minutes strains my eyes. I can't stand it.

>Why is all UI today dark and minimalistic?
Because it matches my soul

All good there except the silders I guess.

Your skin as well

The real truth is that phone UI'as started that way, especially with KitKat and the Holo theme of just OLED black(before OLED!) And light blue.
Then they took it the fuck away and made material bullshit and crammed it down everyone's throat.
We had to use theming engines, root, unlock, all manner of shit just to get back to a pure black background and some pastel text.
Now it's back (In black, even).
...for now.

Attached: edgeworth.gif (960x640, 438.81K)

then don't

you can import custom texture for sliders

>dark
>a new thing
Hello zoomie

For me, it's easier to see white text on a dark background, since the thing i'm interested in is lit up, while it's surrounding i don't care about is black. The light in your enviroment has a big influence though. My PC is in a relatively dim room and even at work, i'm in the far back, away from the windows. If it's really bright when you look at a monitor, i can definitely see an advantage with light mode