Spectograms and fake FLACs

I have a FLAC file that shows this spectogram of no frequencies above 10Khz, is it fake?
the music is very quiet ambient drone type music so doesnt contain many high frequencies anyway, so I'm confused that this may be genuine after all.
any audiophiles in who can shed light on this?

Attached: Spek.png (623x388, 58.56K)

They'd probably still be higher harmonics. The file was probably converted to FLAC from something else

that's just what piano music looks like
here's the spectogram of a piece with alternating piano and orchestral parts for comparison

Attached: .png (1306x640, 562.03K)

There's still a "purple haze" at the top of this spectrogram even during the piano parts. The first image doesn't have that.

thanks Any Forumsents

I thought you could tell just by listening to the file.

Attached: 45gdvt.jpg (898x867, 90.14K)

Delet this post right now

>The first image doesn't have that.
thats the part that confuses me, even a fake FLAC that was converted from say a 128kbps mp3 would have an exact cut of point

I dont have time to actually listen to music, I want quality tests that take seconds

Perhaps this might be useful ;)?

Attached: goldear.png (480x480, 229.74K)

kek

It wouldn't be compression related. Uncompressed audio with a lower sample rate would clip the higher frequencies

And if there wasn't a lot going on a the higher frequencies it would be hard to notice the difference

so do you think the top spectogram my be genuine?

that's because OPs pic is using a linear intensity scale while mine was using log
here's mine using lin

Attached: .png (1306x640, 225.45K)

Do you have a way of getting another tune from the same album so you can compare? Hopefully whole album was edited the same. If you see inconsistencies then yeah it's fake. Otherwise it's normal in the whole record, your flac's good.

Why is there a line present on the first spectrogram? Probably it's 16Khz right? so perhaps uncompressed but at a sample rate of 16KHz?

this, OP is a faggot

good eyes, didn't notice it

Maybe this would be good also ;)?

Attached: GoldenEye007.jpg (300x206, 68.45K)

It's black because the noise floor is low.

fuckin kek

Why throw away the noise? Isn't that ultimately part of the piano performance as well? Can't there just be more microphones and take the average instead?