/hrt/ - Helpful Rust Thread

What are we working on, sisters?

>General Resources & Books
doc.rust-lang.org/book/ (The Book)
doc.rust-lang.org/stable/reference/ (The Reference)
doc.rust-lang.org/stable/rust-by-example/ (Rust by Example)

>Other Resources
rust-cli.github.io/book/index.html (Command Line Applications in Rust)
rustwasm.github.io/docs/book/ (Rust and WebAssembly)
doc.rust-lang.org/stable/embedded-book/ (The Embedded Rust Book)
lurklurk.org/effective-rust/ (Effective Rust)
os.phil-opp.com/ (Writing an OS in Rust)

>Playground
play.rust-lang.org/

>Exercises
github.com/rust-lang/rustlings/ (Rustlings)

>The Unsafe Book & The Unstable Book
doc.rust-lang.org/nomicon/index.html
doc.rust-lang.org/nightly/unstable-book/index.html

Attached: 1657502962875.png (275x183, 5.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kobzol.github.io/rust/ci/2021/05/07/building-rust-binaries-in-ci-that-work-with-older-glibc.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>/hrt/
the jokes write themselves

>hrt

hearty kek

Today I started working on my Rust rewrite of LuaJIT, it's going to be cute!

Attached: ba279a2d167cb1749e1fcb470f16facbcbf78538680f6da72efe6b08475e7df5.png (501x500, 74K)

Does tauri have first class rust interop? I need to be able to communicate to the system for my app.

Any project yall can recommend to get a bit more comfy with Rust?

Tauri is a Rust library that allows you to write your user interface in a webview. Everything that isn't related to rendering the UI can and should be written in Rust, and can call Rust functions as if it were any other Rust program.

Write literally any command line program with the Clap crate.

cutting your dick off would be a good start Imo

converting python libraries to rust and going way faster

No, you dumbass, someone had to write that joke

Im using cargo deb to make a .deb file.

When I go to run it on any other system, it installs fine but doesn't work when running because it says "need glibc 2.32"

Any idea how to just bundle the dependency for glib-C with the binary?

never used it but you can try targetting musl or using a container to build with a different glibc. cross-rs might be an option too
kobzol.github.io/rust/ci/2021/05/07/building-rust-binaries-in-ci-that-work-with-older-glibc.html

For the easiest glibc compatibility you usually want to build any software, Rust or not, on your oldest system. It causes a lot of problems otherwise. But do you actually need glibc specifically? If musl is enough for your case, static linking musl is probably the real easiest option, and if you're trying to reuse a .deb across multiple distros it might be best. You could also try to figure out what is depending on the 2.32 functions and exclude them.

Trannies and groomers are a self fulfilling prophesy.

Kys kikeass kissing tranny nigger.

I'll try these. Thanks folks.

Attached: 60s-spidermani-752x501.jpg (752x501, 92.75K)

For my project I build with musl like suggests. Just pass `--target x86_64-unknown-linux-musl`.
Generally musl just werks. I hear it's slightly less performant for some things (allocation?) but that won't even affect all programs. The ripgrep releases on github are also built with musl FWIW, including the .deb.

Oh that’s really nice to hear. I might give it a try.
I’m a bit concerned about the performance aspect on the Linux platform though, as it doesn’t use V8 like on other platforms, it uses a webkitgtk platform and it’s not as optimised afaik

is it true not all rust programmers are trans?

Hahahhaahhahahahah

I'm not trans but I only started learning Rust a few days ago so I'll report back in a while

not all rust programmers are trans but all trans programmers have programmed in rust at least once
take that as you will