GNOME devs think that they are programming for mobile apps

GNOME devs think that they are programming for mobile apps.

Attached: nautilus-43-gif-2.gif (840x467, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pine64.org/pinephone/
wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Phosh
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is good actually

they are
pine64.org/pinephone/

Mine doesn't do that.

>nooo my apps shouldn't be usable in a narrow window!!!

God forbid windows look nice.

They sort of are.
The idea behind Linux on phones is that you'll mostly be able to use your existing applications, and they won't look like shit.
The most popular phone shell uses the GNOME stack: wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Phosh

looks functional at any screen size
normally you'd have the sidebar on the left taking half of the real estate if you tiled the window to the left
at least that's how windows does it
the real abomination here is the top bar WITHOUT the global menu like on macos, what the fuck is the point of that?

Linux users like cramped tiling window managers until GNOME makes them practical

Thought about it. All file managers look like shit on my TWM until this. Thanks, GNOME.

don't resize it then,
I think it is really useful, like when you have multiple windows open when you are organizing your files and are copy-pasting etc

I'm surprised it took Any Forums this long to realize this. Tiling WMs have lot more in common with phones than with any other GUIs. The rage from freetards against phones is an obvious case of sour grapes.

>.gif
you know you can post webm. right?
you DO KNOW how to make a webm right?

RIGHT?????

i made a webm in your mom's bumhole last night

I wouldn't know, I use KDE.

Attached: chad.jpg (233x271, 14.77K)

>spend eons programming their FM to be responsive
>still no compact view

now do web

If I was using a tablet I would use GNOME. But because I'm on a desktop I use Cinnamon but I might switch to XFCE since it has some bad-ass looking themes. I did try CDE once but it doesn't really fit my needs.

and?

I don't use this joke software so I wouldn't know.

Attached: .png (1680x962, 533.88K)

but GNOME can't really do any tiling so what's the point?

How else do you handle small windows? That .gif looks pretty elegant