>scientific programming
Python with libraries written in C++
>machine learning
Python with libraries written in C++
>front-end web development
Javascript
>back-end web development
Javascript

You only need three languages for everything: C++, Python and Javascript. You don't need more.

Attached: blog_bench1.png (866x265, 58.4K)

>frontend development
Elm
>Backend development
Clojure or F#

Thoughts? cniles don't need apply

everything is based except for pajeetscripts

I thought C++ was being replaced by (new language)

>back-end development
c

tranny propaganda

I only use C, I really don't need more

I’d add one of Java or C# for certain backend business logic where c++ is unnecessary, but a compiled faster language with proper OOP is preferred, i.e. not python or JS

C is an obsolete shit language that's replaced by C++. Only freetards, brainlets who get filtered by C++ and Any Forums NEETs who don't write anything more complicated than fizzbuzz actually write C.

You can use Clojure for frontend development as well with clojurescript.

I broadly agree with this, but python is quite slow for using machine learning in production. I recommend compiling your python based models to ONNX format then loading them from C++ with OnnxRuntime

py for machine learning and scripting
c for anything requiring speed,
haskell for not being a retard and some kind of HDL language to top it all off

C++ only adds retarded features that cause spaghettification of code, but it's no barrier to performance if written properly. C++ code is better accepted in industry now.

>c is obsolete
oh yeah my guy?
then how come its used by ME!

or people who want to have any interoperability with any other language whatsoever. Only Nim (and allegedly Carbon) has decent C++ interop, whereas C can be used basically right away in every compiled language

Yeah maybe. There's quite a high turnover of backend code due to changing business requirements though. You want a language that easily permits the changes needed.

Yeah. If you still find a use for it then it's not obsolete

but nim is my go-to compiled pang though.

>filtered by C++
filtered by C

>You only need three languages
Yes but not because of the retarded reasons you gave
You only need them because they are the most hireable skills, these 3 are without a doubt the most common keywords you will find in programming job listing world wide besides maybe css and html.

Real men dont care what language they use, just build something,try to pick the right tool for the job to make life easier but to also have controp if you need it

If i had to choose one language for me it would be cpp because theres jobs and its fun (unlike js where you might build ui for 20 years)

4 out of the 5 of those things you said were done in C++ are almost exclusively done in C, and 5 out of 5 should be

C is a pain to get correct sometimes. It's also not good for quick and dirty pieces of code that only need to be run a couple of times

Easy interop with other languages is one of the main reasons for C still being around

Is Golang a good language to learn ? Or is it another google meme like carbon

Meme

if only C had a standard vtable with syntax for it. and no Juan, macros are not syntax.

>frontend web
C++ (wasm)
>backend web
C++