This plane was bought in Japan and from a Master of some sort. I want to find out what all the writing says translated...

This plane was bought in Japan and from a Master of some sort. I want to find out what all the writing says translated. Would like to find out more about the master who made it, the family. Definitely dead by now. It was made and bought in the early 90s I believe. Never even sharpened! And I was told that if you were a carpenter in Japan, and were found on a job site with this, and you have 15-20 years of experience, it would be taken from you by a foreman or other supervisor because you are not worthy! The guy who got this for me (I paid, not a gift) had to prove he was worthy with photos of all his work. The guy was a master himself over here in Detroit. Even worked on Bill Bonds' place for over a year, crafting each room. But anyway, I want to know what this says so I can do research and find out more. Can anyone translate?

Attached: plane and box.png (675x796, 1.37M)

here is a better shot at the plane itself

Attached: up close chisel.png (660x832, 1.29M)

closer

Attached: even more up close chisel.png (666x799, 1.16M)

EXCUSE!!! This is the chisel from a set I mean to bring up later. THIS is the up close plane

Attached: up close plane.png (672x746, 1.15M)

Sorry pimp, I can only read hiragana.

Attached: 2E4ECE23-D602-4051-97A7-6D463692E233.jpg (474x474, 30.7K)

Here is the set of chisels that were never completed. They are used, only the plane was kept in unused shape.

Attached: chisel set.png (958x776, 2M)

you take shit pics faggot

I don't have nice cameras. Just nice tools

So this set of chisels... they were purchased as a set of either 11 or 12. I forget. But only 6 were completed before the master who made them died!

It reads: 闘龍斉. The first character in the engraving is slightly abbreviated, but my font encoding doesn’t support it.

This one reads (upside-down)

鑿(chisel)
匠(craftsman)
特許(patent)
菊弘文(probably Kiku Hirofumi)

Weeb

>And I was told that if you were a carpenter in Japan, and were found on a job site with this, and you have 15-20 years of experience, it would be taken from you by a foreman or other supervisor because you are not worthy!

Oh, take this bs story to reddit where it belongs.

It's an alright tool but that story, Jesus. All it is missing is your dead brother who always wanted to go to Japan left you instructions where to find it in a Japanese style house he built in Minecraff before he died of child cancer and that tool was his make a wish.

Is this a copy pasta?

Attached: 6ca.png (645x973, 49.94K)

Toryu Hitoshi from google translate. Is there a possibility with names that it could be different?

My dad left me this. It's been in our family two dozen generations. Sorry for the bad picture. I can only find good pictures of it online becuase it's an antique. It's a Japanese saw made the great Master, Haubuwu Futo. It's folded a thousand times from metal from a sword used to kill an emperor and quenched with the urine of shrine maidens. It's said it can cut through five trees in a single stroke.

Attached: HarborFreightJapaneseSaw1199.jpg (1440x2209, 484.48K)

Hi OP,

I have a LARPing degree from the University of Toronto on ancient Japanese tools of mysterious origins. The writing on the box is translated as: "This tool is the property of Master Koshi. Please return to founder" The tool dates from the Komodoshi period, 1920-1930 and was made in Nokododo Prefecture by Master Koshi. If it were to go to auction today it would fetch between $800 and $1,000.

That is almost certainly correct, but Japanese names are notoriously unpredictable. That’s definitely how I’d pronounce it, though.

folding ten times gives you a thousand layers, which will be pretty uniform; folding twenty times gives you a million layers; folding thirty times gives you a bit under a billion, and at that point you may as well just smelt the ingredients together, since you're not getting any more layers.

Moreover, you're losing carbon each time you fold the blade. That means the metal will be softer. After a couple dozen folds, your sword will bend when it hits something.

Part of it mentions Adejo and the rest goes on about big gay niece cock

T'was made in 1995 my good sir. One guy who also bought one was super excited and sharpened his and set it up right away. Kept this one pure and unmolested.

Ok, and another thing, is it backwards? Like, isn't Hitoshi usually a first name, not last?

There are only a few places in Japan that made small batch premium steel. There are factories there that make japanese steel. but the high amount they produce does not make a steel with the quality that small batch does. These tools are made from those small batch smelted steels.

Hitoshi, 斉 or traditionally 齊 is the given name. Touryuu 闘龍 is the surname, but it sounds a bit too fancy-ass (“fighting dragon”) for a real family name. Probably an art name.