Why do so many Any Forumstards like Lain so much...

Why do so many Any Forumstards like Lain so much? I watched many episodes of the show and I like it but I don't really get it. It seems like a show that would have more meaning back when the internet was younger.

Attached: laaaaaiiiin.png (183x131, 67.41K)

It's typical pseudointellectual trap: looks deep, therefor is deep.
Although I'd say most lainfags dwell at lainchan, not here

MC is incredibly underdeveloped for being a 14 year old girl

Attached: UUOOOOHHH!!!.png (300x310, 8.72K)

Because it makes them feel smart. There is no deeper meaning behind it all. The japs who made it probably just wanted to troll amerimutts. And it worked.

i used to watch lain back in the day but the cringe tumblr zoomer fags took it over.

Unfathomably based, and condenses everything I think about Lain into one post. It’s like FLCL but for people who are even dumber

I went to lainchan and the first thing I saw was a banner with lainchan cut into someone's arm, and then I left.

So is obsessing over lain basically the indication that someone is retarded? It's a good show but I feel like for it to really hit you would have had to watch it back in the time when the internet was "new"

If you need to ask you'll never know.
If you disparage Lain appreciators as pseudointellectuals then you simply cannot comprehend. You are the 2d being for which a 3d world is incomprehensible.

it's a fun show, with a great aesthetic.

Because they are all trannies that think they are a little girl.

Let me guess, you are also an Evafag...
Enjoy your stills lol.

Attached: anime sucks.jpg (492x700, 52.56K)

It aired late at night on Tech TV long, long ago.

>Why do so many Any Forumstards like Lain so much? I watched many episodes of the show and I like it but I don't really get it. It seems like a show that would have more meaning back when the internet was younger.
Filtered. Many such cases

Nostalgia for the early 2000s when it aired at like 3am on TechTV. There weren't many anime to watch on TV, most cable packages didn't have that one anime channel so it was just TechTV's "Anime Unleashed" and whatever Cartoon Network had. Lain was the first one aired on Tech TV, I think.

Hard filtered

so let me get this straight because i see this kind of thread alot or in replies too, you hating on lain doesn't make you any smarter than the average lainfag, because thats it, people who complain about lainfags are projecting, you just want to say "look at me not him i m smarter" you guys are a joke

>little schizo girl does computers
you really have to ask why it's a smash hit with autistic pedo schizos

I don't hate lain, I like the aesthetic, just confused what others see in it

Lain was cult even before being lolicon was cool.

It's just a nice little series with a great aesthetic. I also like the music. Nothing more to it.

I just thought it was neat.

Attached: 1658867221267934.png (917x1143, 644.16K)