/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*Honey edition*
Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1659994224705.jpg (1080x1362, 231.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

commscope.com/product-type/broadband-video-devices/broadband-devices/xdsl-gateways/nvg44x/
commscope.com/contact-us/contact-arris
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can anyone recommend a bluetooth speaker or sound bar for my living room that I can listen to music on and also maybe use for sound from my TV to enhance my kino experience?
Also, my mechanical keyboard died. Looking for a rec for another one that has a num pad. Don't need RGB gaymer shit. A volume slider/wheel on it would be a big plus.
Thanks anons!

Attached: 1657245271449.jpg (800x776, 103.9K)

has anyone tried Zorin OS Pro. what video editor do they use

Is there good money to be made in writing AI to shit up the internet with referral links that look like they're being shared by real people?

Your main objective will be to circumvent shadowbanning

>MLK died for you.....for this.

I'd consider anything over 100 abnormally high.

So its pretty high.
Ah I see, any idea on what some good routers are that have that?

it's called web 3.0
Why would social media sites care, traffic is traffic

>bluetooth speaker
These are mono so not suitable for movies. Get some soundbar, I guess. I use an old microsystem and it's great.

Attached: cambridge_audio_one_minx_xl.jpg (600x275, 38.41K)

I don't know of a good Bluetooth sound bar myself, but I will recommend getting one that has aux input, and using that to connect it to the TV. Bluetooth latency is fine for music, but will murder your TV experience.
I usually use headphones but got a cheap sound bar hoping it would at least be better than the builtin speakers for when friends are over. Nope, it was worse. Apparently you have to spend at least $100-200 to get something halfway competent.

>Why would social media sites care, traffic is traffic
Because a site that's filled with robot spam attracts fewer real people.

twitter is the biggest website on the internet

>that's what they want you to believe
Actually it's tiktok, milennial.

I'm stuck with a 2018 MacBook Air with only two USB-C/Thunderbolt ports and a broken screen. Is there a reliable hub with at the very least 2 USB 3 ports and HDMI/DVI/DP output, doesn't matter which really.

I'm sort of stuck using it in clamshell mode (broken internal display and no way to get it to make an external display the primary one on macOS without leaving it closed) and can't configure a bluetooth keyboard, mouse, WIFI, etc. without using something with cables first. That and I'm going to be using it as a very underpowered desktop replacement for some amount of time and the ability to plug a flash drive or two in would be incredibly useful (read: essential)

On Amazon I can only find the one you have.

commscope.com/product-type/broadband-video-devices/broadband-devices/xdsl-gateways/nvg44x/

They only let you access firmware when you register
commscope.com/contact-us/contact-arris

Is your router branded by the ISP?

I'm looking for a way to make Chromium browser notifications not require a click to go away in Windows.
I've got the cause narrowed down to certain websites setting the requireInteraction: true flag on their notifications, which is absolute bullshit.

Is there an extension that can force it to always false, or a setting in Windows to ignore it and always let these notifications time out like the rest of them do?

And yet their admins know that if it turns into a cesspit where most of what you see is spambots spamming garbage at each other, tons of people will leave.

Here's a stupid question. I have a TCL A30 piece of shit with a 3000mAh lithium ion battery. The battery died, or I think that's the issue anyway. I can either wait three million years for a new one to arrive from China, or I can get a 2200mAh battery that I think is the same size and shape from an older model (TCL A1).

Is there any reason not to do this? Are batteries magical and form-fitted to the unique individual phone they fit?

There are so many sub-subtypes of the A3/A30 and its batteries that I'm wondering if there's just no difference.

my ssd's are loose inside my computer case. could this be why i'm getting hard system freezes? i don't get any crash info or anything when they happen the whole system just freezes and has to be reset. it's not a big deal as i still can get decent uptime- just eventually the system crashes sometimes while i'm using it. glitching the sound if sound is playing. it will crash two days in a row and then ill get like 27 days continuous uptime. the cpu isn't overheating. is it static electricity or voodoo magic?

I'm trying to set a new dictionary with a name based on a string.

class MyClass:
pass

c = MyClass()
stringname = "my_new_dict"

eval(f'c.{stringname} = "{}"')

c.my_new_dict

I know why this fails but I'm not sure how to fix the formatting. I tried escape slashes but that didn't work.

I'm also open to alternative solutions that aren't ugly code like the above. I know this isn't hard but I have tunnel vision right now. Thanks for the help!

Operating System? If it's Windows then there should be log information.

>upgrade router
>new router is just a bit faster, still broadcasts to a 2.4 and 5.0 ghz
>now I get teleporting lag while gaming
>desktop is connected directly to the router
For fuck's sake. If anyone has a shot in the dark on what I need to do I appreciate it, otherwise I'm going back to digging on google.

Post speedtest.