Takes your shit general-purpose framework

>takes your shit general-purpose framework
>makes it easier while retaining functionality

so why does Any Forums still despise it?

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 67.96K)

>so why does Any Forums still despise it?
does it? despite it being microshit it's still one of the most talked about languages here.
to me it looks like it's generally accepted to be one of the best GC languages out there and the arguments are mostly about C# vs Java with the occasional Gopher throwing gasoline to the flame wars. nothing unusual
oh and that one .NET spammer is annoying and does a disservice to the discussions about it

What can I do with it though?

Any Forums has a hyperautistic, almost religious, form of NIH. If it didn't drop out of Eunuchs'/FOSS's shit- and cum-encrusted asshole 30+ years ago, it's automatically evil.

.net core is the best framework. Anyone who disagrees is a Node toddler or Java pajeet

.NET treats non Visual Studio users as second class citizen and thus I avoid it. I'm not opposed to Microsoft, I use VS Codium myself but if the ecosystem requires plugins that are only available in VS, I lose interest.

I have been learning clojure(script) recently and it's not bad with VS Codium.

That said, I'm interested in the SAFE stack because I find F# to be much more enjoyable and well planned language than the feature creep mess with 0 vision that is C#.

Cringe. It should be treating you as the third-class citizens you are.

And the worst part about .NET is the diehard fanatics like this one, who clearly doesn't help with its adoption.
As far as I can se, Node really is the future while .NET will remain a niche.

>if the ecosystem requires plugins that are only available in VS
I've never encountered anything that needed Visual Studio. It has some extra niceties, but nothing that's strictly required. I feel like that's been the entire point of the shift to Core; boomers are seething because it's not a GUI process anymore but the CLI has made it easier for people to work on other platforms.

So disappointed with the MAUI situation. Webview apps remain the only truly cross-platform option.

Except I hate .NET with a passion, and actively avoid programs written in it.
Having said that, if you're not using VS, you deserve absolutely everything that happens to you, up to and including Saitama Nutella breaking into your your house and raping your mom with his little streetshitter penor.

Newbie web dev here. Been doing backend stuff with Node so far, looking to move on to something better now. Should I go .NET C# or Java Spring stuff? I see that a lot of jobs like the Angular + Spring combo, and that seems like an easy way to employment.
So do I learn Java or C#?

babies

everything that it could use .net core is made in java and nobody want to all that shit migrate to it

.net for corpo microservices, spring for webshit

examples of your claim?

>Been doing backend stuff with Node so far, looking to move on to something better now.
what's wrong with node?

node ecosystem has the best graphql support. graphql is arguable the future.

genuinely just look at the jobs in your area. if they're C# shops then learn C#, if they're Java shops then learn Java.
my personal preference is C#, but it doesn't do you any good if you can't get paid.

Any Forums hates everything. even Any Forums

java but not spring (i.e. java ee), then learn spring.

I don't know exactly what it is honestly. All I understood is that you have interoperability with a large set of different languages
Is the development very different with .NET?
How does Mono compare with it?