Work has given me an M1 Mac and I need a dock for this thing so I can connect my two 1440p monitors and an ethernet...

Work has given me an M1 Mac and I need a dock for this thing so I can connect my two 1440p monitors and an ethernet cable. I initially bought the following:
amazon.co.uk/Thunderbolt-Docking-Station-MacBook-Compatible/dp/B09FPCY53S/ref=psdc_428654031_t2_B09QQ14LF2?th=1

but it's horseshit (on an M1 Mac). It only works *after* login and my monitors don't support resolution scaling (and Macs are dogshit at 1440p without resolution scaling).

"They just work" my fucking ass. I cannot believe people unironically use these for business.

I've ordered this as a result: amazon.co.uk/ThinkPad-Universal-Thunderbolt-Dock-SGP-Black/dp/B0B1DWS2BY/ref=sr_1_9?crid=285SJNXIL03V5&keywords=thinkpad universal dock&qid=1659945337&sprefix=thinkp,aps,650&sr=8-9

which apparently works except for the fact one of the monitors needs to be connected via a USB-C cable otherwise it'll only work in mirror mode.

Is there a dock I can get that "just fucking works"? The Caldigit meme docks are expensive and out of stock everywhere (in the UK anyway).

Attached: TS4_Thunderbolt-4-Dock_Laptop-Charging1000px_Version04.jpg (1000x803, 301.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.lenovo.com/pl/en/solutions/pd029622-display-and-video-output-configurations-docking-stations
a.co/d/cuk5AyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

have you considered that you should stop being an incel?
i dont think a MacBook is the right machine for you, you are too much of an incel.

have you considered not being a faggot

Normal

people

don't

write

this.

You

are

a

shill.

M1 macbooks only support 1 external monitor you retard.

M1 Pro supports 2, and M1 Max supports 4.

I should be specific then, I do have a M1 Macbook pro (how the fuck does the base macbook only support one monitor???)

The M1 Macbook Pro has the M1 chip, not the M1 Pro chip.
It's a fuckery in the naming, but the 13 inch macbook pro only supports one monitor.

Only the 14 inch and 16 inch macbook pros are the actual "pro" laptops that support more than 1 external display.

okay, sorry, I didn't realise I need to be super specific. I have a M1 Macbook Pro 16 inch - so I think it should support dual monitors no? I guess I'm showing my ignorance of the apple product-line here.

give it back Jamal.

yeah, it should support two external displays just fine

Attached: wew.png (2068x1038, 699.28K)

check on this site: I bought thinkpad USB-C dock for my 1044p@166Hz monitor but it supports it only in 60Hz mode. To get double refresh rate you need double max resolution.

goddammit
support.lenovo.com/pl/en/solutions/pd029622-display-and-video-output-configurations-docking-stations

>Stop being an incel
>be a faggot instead.
Absolutely haram.

>Work has given me an M1 Mac and I need a dock for this thing
then have your work pay for a dock

I'm doing that but i don't know which one to get

Displaylink has worked well for me, I got a slightly cheaper/older version of this with vga/dvi/hdmi and dp and it’s excellent: Plugable 4K USB C Docking Station Triple Monitor with 100W Charging, USB C Dock for Thunderbolt 3 / 4, and USB-C Windows and Mac (3X HDMI and 3X DisplayPort, 1x USB-C, 4X USB 3.0, SD Card Reader) a.co/d/cuk5AyA

If you want actual thunderbolt then look at OWC/CalDigit and prepare your wallet. The no-names you linked are shit, and the Lenovo docks would be great if macOS supported MST.

you are a retard, you can only support one external monitor unless you got a max chip

I've had dealings with many, many docks over the years. At this point the only reliable ones I've seen are from Cal Digit, Pluggable, StarTech, Lenovo, and Dell. If you are determined to not spend money then best of luck rolling the dice on no-name chinese crap.

>M1 macbooks only support 1 external monitor
you apple niggers cannot defend this
my fucking gpd micro pc supports 2 extenal monitors

a chink literally who brand makes better portable machines than le fruit company

>fancy faggot laptop will not support two external monitors meanwhile cumpads that are being actively jizzed on as we speak, can support two external monitors plus the internal display
you faggots have some explaining to do

I will keep posting this until you fucking retards get it into your head.

You are not cool for using obsolete hardware.

>hear new assple silicone is fast
>company buys you one
>literally cannot do more than 1 external monitor unless you pay MORE

I literally do not even own a cumpad but even those faggots have better hardware than you delusional fruit niggers

apple lobotomites...
how are we going to recover....