Is USB-C audio the future of wired headphones?

>Works on PCs and mobile.
>Has a built in DAC so every pair has the same audio quality instead of depending on your device's shitty onboard DAC.
>USB 4 is Type-C only. Future computers are going to come with only a bunch of USB-C ports.
I've even seen some IEMs coming with USB-C connectors now.

Attached: usbc.png (1459x899, 259.32K)

For at least the last 10 years, yes. I can't find regular wired headphones, though.

Unrelated but those are the most uncomfortable looking earbuds I've ever seen.

Most headphones are still 3.5mm though.
They're basically earpods. So yeah.

Attached: 1659857275647845.png (1105x976, 1.6M)

>depending on your device's shitty onboard DAC.
but i use external audio interface. do these have usb-c to 6mm jack adapters because thats what most interfaces using? this sounds like retarded concept. as in 3,5 to 6mm adapters wasnt enough pain already

they're basically earpods, so no, they're probably going to be more ergonomic than having silicone tips gape your ear canal
definitely not worth $30, though

>usbc
No one has that shit. There is only one standard for headphones and I will not buy any device that does not have a standard headphone jack. Ever.

>every device has their own dac
>so they all have the same audio quality
does not compute

>No one has that shit
It's not 2014 anymore, everything I own uses type C. Even the cheap instant thermometer I bought on Amazon chargers with type C

>cannot use headphone while charging

Do people actually use their phones while charging or is this some regurgitated meme retards keep spouting. Just charge your phone at night lmao.

The point I was trying to make was about how something is "the future" of something but it is old enough for you to give up it becoming the new standard

I used the USB-C headphones that came with my Samsung Galaxy and it broke the port within a year. Turns out USB-C isn't made to last very many plug-ins. I swapped to an iPhone and use wireless and it's infinitely better. I will never go back to wired again. You're literally handicapping yourself by owning wired headphones. Quit being a poorfag and spend the extra $100 on a good pair of wireless.

Attached: 1659552180794590.jpg (640x427, 47.39K)

Absolutely disgusting. We already have perfectly functioning technology for audio through the 3.5mm jack, without taking space from the charging port or granting manufacturers the power of DRM

Propably half the time I use a phone, it's on charge. Whenever I use headphones, I'm heavily using the phone. I don't want to wait for the phone to charge to continue a movie. I also don't want to carry a shit-ton of adapters with me just because the manufacturer is being an asshole.

there should be a 2nd type c port on devices or there needs to be a splitter of sorts to allow both audio and charging over the single port

Yeah but wired headphones are cooler.

The fuck is IEM?

Switched to type c because my phone's jack is awful.

Attached: PXL_20220808_105014647.jpg (3000x4000, 2.85M)

Obsoleted by Bluetooth DAC / amps

Attached: 1658933181680913.jpg (1002x768, 241.38K)

>have to charge them every day
fuck that

No. USB-C shit may fly with retarded first worlders but based third worlders don't have time for those retarded pieces of shit that break every 5 minutes nor they have the patience to deal with USB-C just randomly working on some devices but not others.
>standard
>all USB-C headphones work on some models but not others
>muh innovation
>in the 2000s many OEMs released cellphones with USB mini headphones only, proprietary ports (Sony Ericsson) and/or tried to force users into Bluetooth headphones (Motorola) and it all failed eventually because it's such a pain in the ass
If this ends up working this time it'll definetly prove that millenials and zoomers are way more retarded than gen x and boomers.
>charging phone
>need to make/receive a call
>have to be restrained by the shitty cable wire or stop charging to use headphones
>battery running low
>have to stop listening to music to charge
Shut ins may not apply.
>changing to a standard that sounds worse
>has latency issues
>randomly desynchronizes
>is prone to interference
>needs to charge yet another piece of shit
>sounds way worse than headphones at the same price range
>puts a battery and a bunch of circuitry with no ventilation near his ear canal
>has awful microphone placement so using it for calls is retarded
Lol. Lmao even.

Attached: 1659949802448.png (872x704, 41.8K)