Thoughts on air purifiers?

Are these things worth spending $200+ on? Isn't it just a fan and a filter, what makes them cost so much?

Attached: airpurifiers-lowres-0692.jpg (636x424, 85.95K)

Got two, one xiaomi 2s and one 3h. They do a very good job at minimizing amount of dust and keeping the air clear from smoking.
2s costs $40 used and 3h $80. Not sure where did you take this $200 from.

Get a replacement HEPA filter or even just a HEPA vacuum sweeper bag, a PC fan, a 12V power brick, and make your own.

It completely depends how polluted the are you live in is. In industrial parts of china you can become seriously ill after a single exposure to outdoor air without a face mask. Only objective way to know is to get your air quality tested. Air filters won't remove CO2 or VOCs, only house plants do that.

Attached: 1021-smog.png (900x600, 401.32K)

What are good house plants to remove CO2 and volatile organic compounds?

Ikea fejka plants are pretty good desu

nigga just go outside and breathe fresh air

Anything plant that can survive indoors helps, not sure if there's an exotic super plant but all reduce CO2 and VOCs to some extent. You're going to need a lot of them to make a difference though, a few isn't going to do much.

This only applies to rural areas.

>FEJKA artificial potted plants don’t require a green thumb. Perfect when you have better things to do than water plants and pick up dead leaves. You’ll have everyone fooled because they look so lifelike.
LOL

objectively the only way to do some serious co2 removal is via algae, but because that's both unattractive and more difficult than you think, vines make the best bet because the high surface area per pound of biomass.

how do you incorporate a vine inside your house?

actually you should invest in making your ventilation system better so fresh air enters your house and all the co2/tvoc produced by humans inside is removed with vent fans.
You do have trees next to your window, right? Because if you do this is all you need.
Unless you live in some 3rd world shithole where you can get cancer from breathing air, then I suggest you invest in moving your ass outta there.

... grow them indoors? the only thing would be ensuring you dont allow the plant to compromise the structure of your home.

my house uses them because there is someone with an auto-immune disease and they are effectively bubble boy. there are areas of my home that border on clean room. we have a separate air system in the basement where i grow my plants, but we dont even clean using scented soaps (i actually recommend that cause it makes everything smell better when the basis is a neutral scent)

Attached: .png (880x892, 1.25M)

>auto-immune disease
AIDS? look guys, he ACTUALLY has AIDS!

Attached: ww.jpg (600x582, 56.37K)

no its like anti aids. she has to take a drug that compromises her immune system because she has a dangerous reaction to everything without it. when it rains and the trees open up their leaves, for her going outside for just ten minutes will close her throat to the point of losing her voice. its pretty sad desu. shes had pneumonia over 20 times. not to get political, but she handled covid without issue though lmao.

I bought the Coway Airmega 400 to put near the cat litter. Also useful for forest fire seaso

AIDS = acquired immune deficiency syndrome, whether it's caused by HIV infection or by some medication you shouldn't be on or need a lower dose of. Your immune system is weakened to the point where you end up in the hospital with really bad infections from bacteria and viruses that pose no real threat to people with normal immune systems.

Autoimmune disease = your immune system is good and strong, but is attacking stuff it shouldn't, typically your own cells. Similar idea to allergies, where it's instead attacking harmless stuff from outside your body and generally making a nuisance of itself.

Simply opening your windows can do a much better job of removing CO2 and other shit in the air.

IF the outdoor air is of higher quality else you're basically contaminating your home with even more VOCs/CO2.

Outside is 95 degrees and 95% humidity. I pay for air conditioning for a reason

Literally get a box fan and a furnace filter