How bad of an idea is it to take a job with the explicit goal of performing legally-protected actions such as...

How bad of an idea is it to take a job with the explicit goal of performing legally-protected actions such as discussing wages, in order to get a settlement?
Single-party consent state to recordings.
Was offered $10-12/hr for a shift leader position at a store - I dread to think what the people below me are making. I am thinking of just telling him that it's an insult when he calls me up and says "so here's your first day", but also considering the above.

Attached: gamestop-1930619014.jpg (2048x1342, 545.21K)

At 12 dollars an hour im just going to spend my time shoplifting from the store and reselling everything on ebay while dealing oxy to rich white kids

Your better off working at chick fila after 2 years the company helps you open a chick fila

I'd prefer to not commit any crimes.
No, thanks.

A settlement for what? Employers can pay different people different amounts. Go get a real job retard, I made more than double of this job you're taking as a fucking intern over 10 years ago.

For being terminated for a federally protected activity such as discussing wages, on audio recording. I believe the person in charge would say it flat-out that that's the reason, behind closed doors.
Kill yourself, thanks.

Why do you think you'd be reprimanded for sharing pay information? It's a fucking dead end minimum wage job no one's gonna care.

Because it's quite common in the United States to have employers fire you over that, illegally. Many of them don't even realise it's against the law or believe that you won't bother because they're boomers running some shitty franchise.

You deserve the pay you were offered. You're completely fucking retarded and probably can't make more even if you tried your best. Your plan isn't going to work.

Good on ya. You sound like a bootlicking cunt so far.

ITT: all of you are retards with dead-end jobs who should neck yourselves post-haste.

Dead end jobs are just for stealing from since its not worth the cost in gas to actually work there

You don't think getting a job to do that explicitly in the hope that you're fired so you can sue is any less criminal?

As far as I'm aware, no. There is nothing illegal about going into a job with ulterior motives, such as collecting information.

You said you plan to file a lawsuit on termination. Your motive isn't so much as collecting information but setting yourself up to file a lawsuit. In most states they can fire you without cause and I guaran-fucking-tee no matter where you are, when you get fired they're not going to say something so fucking stupid as you were terminated because you were discussing wages. The person who's going to fire you will have had explicit training and reminders of several of the reasons that they cannot say they fired you over.

it's not like he forced or even coerced them to do shitty illegal things, even if he's a temptation. It's ultimately their responsibility to not commit crimes

... This is a small franchise, not a corporate business. Combined with complete audio & video recordings of the interactions - I don't intend to do my job poorly or anything of that nature. I'm well aware of what is and isn't allowed under corporate rules.
I merely plan to discuss wages and unionization with my coworkers in a legal manner during breaks or other appropriate periods.

This, you have to be disturbingly squeaky clean so they don't have ANY other reason. I think it's a futile, tweaker adventure, but still wish you success if you do try it

You should be convincing sounding, as that is most threatening

that is not legally protected if you contractually agree not to talk about it

My logic is that, right now, I have nothing better to do with my time - I'm at home not doing anything, just searching for some software developer position. Applied at the local franchised store here as an in-between, and was appalled at the hourly rate. Not even for "cashier person", but a manager/shift leader position.
I've got good charisma and do believe I have good confidence in what I say.
No employer may prohibit an employee from discussing wages. You can not include that in a contract, it is not legal in this country as far as I'm aware. If an employer includes it in the contract, they'd be taken to court basically immediately.
Not to mention that I've not signed any contracts yet and read everything I sign.

You can go to any temp and walk out making 18-23hr TODAY.

any employer can include it and it would be binding. i understand reddit thinks it's illegal, but reddit is retarded

As I wrote before, there are like 10 third rail reasons that most people with above a room temperature IQ will not admit you're being fired over. Stuff like race, gender, disability, sexual orientation etc. Even if they fire you for being a gay black tranny in a wheelchair who tried to unionize they can lie about the reason and say you were late too much, or insubordinate.

If you want to try it, it's you're time ultimately but I doubt you'll be told you being fired for the reason that you're going to hear and record. There are outliers though so like I said, it's your time to spend. I'd be surprised if it worked. That said, I think your head is in the right place t but I think this approach is wrong.

... No, that's straight up against federal labor laws in the United States, at least for any business that falls under federal regulations (this one does). I'm unsure how small businesses work here.
He will be unaware that I am recording. It is legal in my state to record conversations in public ear, or any conversation you are apart of. We are a single-party consent state there.
There are very few exceptions, such as recording in restrooms in schools.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-06-20_13-03-07.png (1920x1080, 419.61K)

And to add, he seems like the room temperature IQ kind of person - general boomer who bought a franchise and thinks he's hot shit, essentially.