Is marriage an outdated concept?

Is marriage an outdated concept?

Attached: images.jpg (493x335, 24.24K)

Yes.

absolutely

Yes. It used to be a way to consolidate wealth, unify families, etc. It's why most marriages were arranged. Now marriage is useless and a total losing proposition, especially for the male

Traditional marriage is definitely outdated, but what marriage means is constantly renegotiated. Legal marriage is a whole other thing that Idk enough about to have an opinion tbh. For my wife and I, it was a just an easy path to immigration. Neither of us care much about it.

No, it’s more for tradition at this point though

In some countries it's easier being wife/husband to do shit for your spouse without shitload of paperwork

no. The union of man and woman in commitment to raising a family is the best way to produce well-adjusted people. Men and women are two halves of the complete child-raising machine and society relies on a constant stream of well-adjusted people. Feel free to look at statistics regarding how many violent criminals were raised by single mothers.

Anyone who claims marriage is outdated is an edgy zoomer who lives to mindlessly tear down tradition because they've been sold nihilistic hedonism and don't see a bigger picture than themselves.

No more federation.

No more federation member.

Attached: 1.jpg (4288x2170, 142.99K)

Domestic/legal partnership is not an outdated concept, it's still an extremely important one.

The religious tradition of marriage and almost everything about the conventional idea of marriage ceremonies is a joke and is for retards that never critically question anything in their lives.

No, sex is.

The concept is great. It’s the application that humans suck at.

Well it's a useless concept, originally it was meant to give women protection as jobs were hard and life for a manless woman was hell. Now women, even the jobless, menless ones have cushy lives with all that government dough.

No, because these are your cultural traditions. Secular marriage is fake and gay, but religious marriage through the one true Church is real and wholesome 100

Yes and no
Yes in the form of expecting young people in their early 20's to be married for the next ~60 years is unrealistic in many ways. By your 30's you're not the same person you where in your 20's anymore. Also bringing the government into your bedroom is a mainly a mistake, marriage is a lawfully binding contract, one that in most cases will be broken.

In a legal sense, no. It's a great way for narcissists to fuck your shit up.

>unrealistic in many ways. By your 30's you're not the same person you where in your 20'
things change over time, so your feelings about those things might change, so you shouldn't be expected to commit to anything?

What do you think a commitment is, lol? "Assuming nothing ever changes and this is how I feel about it forever, I accept these terms until I feel differently in the moment." Fucking zoomers.

No

Attached: download.jpg (258x195, 8.53K)

just saying, having kids is a commitment often made in the 20s. To say that it's unnatural to commit to things like that is retarded and ignorant.

>hey I know that it has been replicated in every human society across a diverse mix of cultures, but have we outgrown it?!
no, society is just deluding itself. We can't outrun our primal instincts just because the internet was invented

Not exactly, kids are a ~20 year obligation, and is not something to be rushed into as it is far too often.