Any Forums, are these calipers ones you twist in or push in? I've tried to push them in with no luck...

Any Forums, are these calipers ones you twist in or push in? I've tried to push them in with no luck, so I assume you twist?

Attached: signal-2022-06-19-17-11-10-355.jpg (1512x2688, 581.23K)

both. you got to get the right tool because that wrench is going to pop off of there and split your forehead.

>did same with needle nose pliers. have permanent dent in my left eye. good luck faggot.

>asking Any Forums for car help

thanks, ill get a buddy to drive me to autozone

What am I looking at and why is it designed that annoyingly?

Their auctuators, gotts turn and push hence the notches. Go rent a tool from a auto store it'll make it much easier.
If not channel locks and a C clamp if you wanna get pissed off and bust your knuckles a bunch.

/o/ is full of a buncha fags who think they know what their doing. I'd trust maybe 1 percent of the people there for any kind of advice. Probably more knowledgeable car people on Any Forums as surprising as that sounds.

Any Forums also immediately answers my questions and doesn't judge me for what car I have.

You don’t need a tool. Use some on blaster if needed and use a flathead screwdriver and light tap with a hammer.

this will work but it will damage the caliper and potentially the assembly also. it will still be drivable but it wont ever be the same.

Why tf wouldn't u just use the clamp to push it flush, throw some grease on the rubber plunger put ur brakes on and call it a day.

Don't even gotta bleed ur brakes

Attached: 71AEVP4Vz+L._AC_SX355_.jpg (355x249, 9.39K)

ThisUse a c clamp user. I do my own brakes too. You dont have to bleed the lines. Just clamp the plunger, nigger.

Attached: Screenshot_20220619-165814_Gallery.jpg (1080x2400, 564.99K)

It needs to be twisted, the two indents are there to grip on the tool (or a pair of strong long pliers) that twists and pushes. Pushing it alone does nothing.
Pistons that can simply be pushed are either hollow or just flat

C clamp is correct, grease on the rubber isn't. Grease is petroleum based and eats rubber.

Yeah, I bought the tool for it. I guess I just didn't want to admit that I couldn't use a c clamp and had to go ask for help in person. Thanks Any Forumsros.

Attached: signal-2022-06-19-17-50-20-686.jpg (1024x1305, 187.95K)

You made the right choice, it should be all smotth sailing from now on

Most auto parts stores will give you the correct grease if u tell them its for ur brakes.

They are silicone based which means it will NOT eat ur rubber.

So yes DO apply the grease between ur pad and the plunger, and all up in those rubber bits(making sure to clean the old shit off first)

All caliper pistons rotate.

I bought that tool and it was more of a headache. It's doable for sure, but rent the tool from autozone that pushes and twist this in. I believe the rent is only a deposit that you get back, plus if that cube slips you can risk tearing the rubber around it and then you'll really be fucked. Anyone who does physical labor as a job will vouch this as a right tool for the right job moment.

I just wanted to point out how insanely effective it is to post quality content, even if it's a question, with respect to raising the board quality. Keep it up.

Attached: we are not so different.jpg (840x1024, 107.33K)

Who the fuck cares about board quality, if you don't enjoy it, go somewhere else.

In case anyone's wondering, it's hammer time, I mean rotor time. And WD-40 time.

Attached: signal-2022-06-19-18-32-46-103.jpg (1512x2688, 955.13K)

Just to confirm, these are the spots I grease, right? I see no screws holding the rotor in place, so I'm good there.

Ah, forgot to post the picture.

These are the spots, yeah? I'm not missing somewhere? It's just that rusty?

Attached: signal-2022-06-19-18-35-53-423.jpg (1152x2048, 601.17K)