Is there any reason to believe GPUs will become expensive again in the next half year?

Is there any reason to believe GPUs will become expensive again in the next half year?

Attached: AMD_Radeon_RX_6800_GPU_graphics_card_price_drop_deal.jpg (1000x750, 149.29K)

they already are

Yes.

Attached: xi raid boss.jpg (2048x1366, 793.58K)

china is about to invade taiwan

>china is about to invade taiwan
sez who

nobody it's not gonna happen goy :-)

No, of course not. NVIDIA and AMD are looking out for the consumer and are 100% going to drop the prices of their GPUs so that consumers can buy them for less than before. Remember companies are just like us. They feel for us, they look after us, and they certainly are on our side!

Any serious answers?

demand is always higher right before christmas, production of the current gen has stopped and next gen will be sold out until next year

market is drowning in how much GPUs there are right now. they've managed to increase their factories output and now they don't know how to get rid of it all after crypto has gone dry. new generation of GPUs will release in the upcoming months so not only will there be too many older graphics cards but hopefully people will want to buy the new ones. i don't think you need to worry about anything in the upcoming year but that's just my guess.

Lookup bullwhip effect.

GPUs are going to be cheap for a while, assuming companies reacted as expected to the increase in demand.

Attached: Bulwhip_efect.jpg (1675x794, 193.3K)

everything can go up or down depending on context

next thread

Nope. An entire gen of ampere cards getting dumped onto the used market just as the new gen launches. It is only down from here when it comes to prices.

>supporting miners
kys

This, and im sick of people on the internet pretending they're cheap now when they're not. They just fell from astronomical back to MSRP and the next gen is just months away. I bought an RX6800 XT two months ago from a local store when the crypto crash was in full swing and now they're 50$ more expensive from the same places when i checked. I'm glad i got one so i dont have to think about this gpu prices bullshit but holy fuck

RTX 3090 Ti is now only $1100. Pretty insane when MSRP is $2000

Is this sarcasm?

imagine projecting your poorness acting like its other peoples fault

MSRP was still twice what it should have cost considering the price/perf of the other cards. It’s honestly still overpriced.

1. You mean $1149.99
2. The 6950XT cost that much at launch and it has the same performance. All that happened is they took away the Nvidia premium brand tax and called it a discount.
3. They can make MSRP any number that makes the discount look good, it doesnt mean anybody bought it for that much. For a long time Nvidia was very coy about revealing any MSRP numbers and just releasing the models without one

are you a fucking moron?

>buying used shit
>buying used shit from MINERS