In love with my best friend

>in love with my best friend
>she doesn't like me back but we remain very close friends and talk all day every day
>I get a girlfriend and don't talk to her as much
>she's been suicidally depressed every day since
What do I do? I asked her if she secretly has feelings for me and she says that she doesn't, she just loves me very much as a friend and doesn't want me to leave her "Like everyone else does."

Attached: yuri.jpg (640x611, 80.18K)

If everyone else is leaving her there must be a reason

NTA but people tend to break off after they get into a relationship.
If I heard my female friend had gotten into a relationship I would expect to spend less time around them.
This doesn't mean I should drop my defenses and confess to something I don't feel though.
Put yourself in her shoes for a moment.

I have no idea what this post means

Gain a few braincells? I don't know what to tell you.
The girl is probably upset that OP will now be spending less time around her.
>I asked her if she secretly has feelings for me and she says that she doesn't
Is kind of a selfish thing to say.

Your post wasn't very clear or well-written.
Why was it selfish?

Nevermind man.

>What do I do
Nothing. You aren't in control of other people's feelings. She needs therapy.

I agree with you user. This post was not shit and I also was trying to understand what was written.

I wasn't putting pressure on her to say yes. I was asking a question to learn more about how she's feeling. I actually said that I hoped the answer was 'no' because I've moved on to my girlfriend. Is clear, open, honest communication selfish now or something?

What do you mean what do you do? Other people’s feelings aren’t yours to worry about. Literally from a mental health aspect of things she is suicidal and depressed, you giving her attention won’t solve anything. It’s an illness that SHE needs to take care of

>"Like everyone else does."
This is a classic manipulative statement. Don't fall for it, user.

If she is upset about you having a relationship with another girl, then it's her problem. You don't need to make any changes with your life, she will have to learn to live with it.

For the simp who is asking you to "put yourself in her shoes", just ignore the retard. If the places were to interchange between you two, she would have just asked you to deal with it. Don't let her mess with your head.

OP should have their hot friend suck my dick for saving his retarded thread

Attached: 00C8170E-A220-4630-875D-F7E6CC7356D4.jpg (724x1024, 48.62K)

tell her to fuck off, my lord

> actually said that I hoped the answer was 'no'
thats even worseeeee omgg you dummmy

grow up edge boy, don't tell me you're over 17 and still think like this

What?

you want to believe you're right so it's a waste

No... I'll listen to you. Promise I won't argue. Just genuinely curious and confused.

I've gotta agree mostly with this user.
The way you wrote her response she sounds very emotionally manipulative. Not to mention that the only women I've met who actually friendzone their best friends like that are either only using them because it's convenient for emotional baggage, actually already harboring romantic feelings but don't want to act on them because stringing you along allows more control while giving you none, are incredibly vain and think you're honestly ugly as hell, or they're just fictional.

Seriously, as long as you're not some 400lb gorilla, no female best friend without manipulative intentions would turn down dating you. Dating a best friend is great. You already know pretty much everything about each other, no awkward dates where the SO doesn't like insert genre of movie or food, and it just deepens an already mutual love.

Keep projecting.

You can either have a relationship or a very close. friendship. Your choice you can't have both unless it is with the same person. There isn't enough time in life to have a very deep friendship with someone you visit every day, a girlfriend/wife, and a full time job.

Read this elsewhere, thoughts on the girl?

>I guess I should start by saying that I am in love with my best friend. I have considered whether it could be that I have a need for companionship, but this isn't the case. I am a giving person, and do a lot for my friends, but with this girl I would do anything for her. I feel my heart beat faster when I see her and I seem to be blind to her flaws. I know she isn't perfect, and I haven't put her up on a pedestal or built a false image of her, but I feel that she is perfect for me. The girl in question is aware of how I feel, and that I have never felt this strongly before about anyone, but thinks of me only as a friend.

>The problem is that I can't distance myself from her, and I'm not sure I'd want to have to lose our close relationship in order to stop feeling this way. It is probably important to mention that we take almost all of the same courses at college, live in the same building and do most of our work together, so I would estimate that I spend at least 6 hours a day with her. On many occasions we have even just talked for more than 6 hours straight on the phone! (Which I can't do even with my twin brother, despite having an extremely close relationship with him). At the moment I'm trying to stop feeling this way without sacrificing any of our friendship, but I'm failing miserably. Our friendship is still intact but I don't feel remotely different about her. I don't know what to do...

>I've not seen her in 2 weeks because I'm on vacation, and when I get back next week she'll be away - so I won't have seen her for a month. The problem is these past 2 weeks, although I've met loads of great people (and one or two girls who are definitely interested in having some fun), I can't think about anyone but her. I find myself rejecting people simply because they don't make me feel the way this girl does when I'm with her. How long will it take before I stop feeling this way and just man up and get over her?

Sounds like friendship of convenience on her end. Taking same classes, talking on phone, working on take home work together. Have they ever left to do something together? Or hung out together when it's not school related? Don't know, but seems like from what's written If dude left she probably wouldnt keep in touch for more than a few months.

To me it sounds like leading someone on to frequently talk on the phone for 6+ hours. It's so cruel.

try to stay close to her. life without people is misery turned insanity. There's a good reason she is feeling suicidal at the threat.