John Carmack

>White
>Straight
>Christian
>Greatest programmer alive
>C flavored C++ is his choice of serious programming
>Shits on python and webdevs
How can a man be so unfathomably based?

Attached: 1632481026490.png (999x1095, 504.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plasmabeamgames.wordpress.com/2021/10/08/mitzi-the-cat/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Lex:
"So you're sayi..."
>John:
"Let me stop you right there and talk for 5 hours

>basically copied tons of existing code
>stood on the shoulders of tons of existing people working out 3d rendering and copied free use code to make games
>decided that fucking stupidass 3d goggles is the future
>got sick of that and said LOL TIME TO SHOOT OFF ROCKETS
What a fucking moron. Carmack is a shitlord.

and thank god for that, lex is really painful to listen to.
jealousy

show me one piece of tech that didn't build on existing tech

My penis.

How does a man of his clear intellect believe is some stupid fake god with zero evidence.
Kinda sad.

Keep seething and fucking disgusting trannies, Romero.

Greatest minds of all time all were religious.

nah it wouldn't have been possible without extensive work and research in nanotechnology

Spotted the brainlet.

Attached: DE6F0C77-8463-44FD-A710-32BF01AD9D52.jpg (564x793, 83.91K)

gotem

what's so great about this guy? all i know about him is that he pioneered first-person shooter games by making Doom and Quake and shit like that

Like who?
Prove whatever flavor of god you like is real lol

Mendel, the guy who discovered the big bang, newton, the head of nasa during the moon landing, etc...

cnile boomers are stuck in their ways and attached to legacy as a matter of personal convenience

Isaac Newton had God living rent free in his head

>the head of nasa when they faked the moon landing
Not good optics for religionfags

Created enemies that have multiple attacks, think how many video games rely on that mechanic alone.

It's about the state of mind my friend.
Going to unexplored territory is scary. If nobody's done it then it must mean it's impossible. And so game devs stuck to doing 2d. Along came Carmack and said well I'm not scared. Then he went ahead and did it.

John Carmack is like my favorite avengers, he's like Ironman

Leibnitz, Fourier come to mind

Let me put in terms a business person can understand.
Think outside the box.

Kys infidel pig

>When Carmack first left home to be a programmer, he had scant few possessions. A lamp, a pillow, a blanket, and a stack of books were all he needed. He didn’t even have a mattress. The only thing he brought with him from home was a cat, Mitzi. She was a gift from his step-family, and for many years she slept on his monitor, overseeing historic games like the Commander Keen series and Wolfenstein 3D. Apparently she was even listed on the company’s directory as his significant other.
>Masters of Doom tells us that Mitzi was ill-tempered and known to pee on things, but for years Carmack endured her behaviour. It might seem like this otherwise unsentimental programmer was too attached to get rid of Mitzi. Perhaps she was a comforting reminder of home and his step-family.

>One day, however, Mitzi peed all over a leather sofa that Carmack had bought with money from Wolfenstein 3D. Despite the years of companionship the cat had given him, he decided to take her to the animal shelter to be put down. When Carmack broke the news of his decision to the rest of the Doom team, he told them:

>Mitzi was having a net negative impact on my life

>plasmabeamgames.wordpress.com/2021/10/08/mitzi-the-cat/

based, cats are assholes.