Had to put my cat down today. Just need to vent

Had to put my cat down today. Just need to vent.

Wall of text alert.
Hey Any Forums. I'm posting here because it's literally my only emotional outlet at the moment. I'm sure I won't regret this! My 17 year old cat had a battle with hyperthyroidism becaue of a tumor. Due to his age there wasn't much we could do besides extend his life with medicine and vet checkups to do labs and treat what they could. The vet said, it would eventually kill him. He went from 14 lbs to less than 5 in about 4 months time. That said he was happy and still getting around and eating, playing, etc.

That changed last night and he sudden couldn't support his own weight and stopped really eating and was just laying there meowing as he didn't understand what was going on and was likely in pain. He started also peeing on himself and was miserable. We knew we had to euthanize him at that point. He was no longer himself and this would be a slow agonizing death as his body converted what little muscle he had left to energy until it runs out completely.

The problem was ever since covid, every emergency vet within 100 miles of my house stopped weekend and after hours care. This would leave him suffering for 2 more days until Monday. My wife wasn't doing well either seeing him like this as they were very close. I knew I had to step up as a man and provide a solution to take care of my family. I am an engineer so this lead to a little internet reading and I decided the best way to euthanize him was to use a large sealed Tupperware storage bin and release a 20% Nitrous Oxide, 80% Helium mixture into it with the nitrous front loaded for the anesthetic and euphoria effect. I had the NO2 already and got a 10 cubic foot tank of helium at the store. I got all the hoses in place, put seals on the lid and made a little bed inside with a towel. When my wife was ready, we put him in and I opened the valves. He died in about 3 minutes time.

(continued)

Attached: Pepe-The-Frog-Transparent-PNG.png (654x527, 172.26K)

fuck you shithead. we're not here to be your friends.

>fuck you shithead. we're not here to be your friends.

Attached: 1655582444584.jpg (400x400, 26.01K)

>not going the extra mile
Literally what separates boys from men. I feel for your loss but I can't forgive that weak ass excuse

But we can be, nevertheless

Now I know I did the right thing, but I am having a bit harder time than I expected coming to terms with the fact I intentionally put effort into killing my cat. He was my buddy and I miss him already. I knew I had to step up for my wife and shoulder the burden, and I do so willingly and have no second thoughts. It's still a little harder than I thought it would be though. What got me was his agonal breathing right before he passed and knowing this was a result of my actions. I can't talk about this with my wife yet because she is upset at the loss. He was 'her cat' so I'm not willing to shovel my emotional baggage on her yet. So that's why I came here. There you have it Any Forums. My shitty Saturday. Feels bad man.

hahahahhaha
you should put yourself down next faggot

F

Attached: 1618734371677.jpg (611x593, 49.84K)

I would love to have agonal breathing

Attached: peepo-cry.gif (112x112, 16.65K)

He didn't do well in cars and would have probably died on the way from the stress. Going that far wasn't an option.

Wouldn't give you the pleasure retard.

rip based kitty

Go get yourself a tank of helium and a big plastic bag then.

will this work for humans too?

Attached: 1639789707442.jpg (500x500, 48.12K)

RIP to the kitty man.
I had to do something similar tor my elderly cat about 7 years ago now. She suffered a blood clot that paralyzed her lower half and left her in agonizing pain. We lived in a rural area and getting her to an emergency vet at the time was far outside of our means. So we had to put her down ourselves. It wasn't easy at all.

But I felt better knowing that we saved her from agonizing pain. That's all you can tell yourself to feel better unfortunately.

I might

I’m sure he was a good little guy but you did the right thing OP. It would be cruel to make him live on a little longer in complete pain and suffering just because you didn’t want to deal with the guilt

Yes. Would suggest a plastic bag over the head though versus trying to find a large enough container. Kek

Thank you. I expected the edge lord faggots to talk thier shit, but I know a few of yall know that feel. It's helpful to know that for me.

Thank you for your words.

SHT THE FUCK UP DONT GET A CAT

YOU AREJUDGED WITH BABYTRAFFICKERS

Attached: 3f725815103f81Ecf4d3bb22eb5ds23E2dae4d2efe2.jpg (4429x1991, 1.87M)

RET

ARD

ALE

RT!

Attached: 3f725815103f81Ecf4d3bb22eb5ds23E2dae4.jpg (4468x3373, 1.69M)

Yeah shoving them in tupperware is much more comfy

Is ok user

Attached: Enh65aNXYAU0rlK.png (512x351, 59.33K)

There was no shoving. It was a 3 x 2 container. He fit in there with ease and even had a bed. You can pass all the judgment you want but I weighed it as the better option versus him riding 100 mile being terrified of the road noise and likely dying in fear of a heart attack in a strange place. He could not support his weight so its not as if he was standing and pacing in the container. He goes to die at home with his people right there with him. I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment.

Thank you.

>I'd rather kill my cat than take a chance at saving its life

>yall
I read the whole thing and was going to sympathize until I read this. Fuck you and your cat.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you illiterate? I stated he was getting regular vet care. That's why he was able to live as long as he did. He was 17 years old with a terminal illness. If I did drive the 100 miles it would be to put him down there. I didn't just decide to put my cat down outright with zero professional opinion.

Attached: 3f725815103f81Ecf4d3bb22eb5ds23E2dae4d2e.jpg (4429x1991, 1.87M)

Yall yall yall yall yall yall

>you killed your cat

Basically, yeah.