GIGANTIC FIREFOX MEMORY USAGE WINS

>Webrender freetype memory usage has decreased from ~480MB to ~5MB
5X DECREASE, THANK YOU BASED MOZILLA!
bugzilla.mozilla.org
/show_bug.cgi?id=1783115

Attached: 1659825233004.png (938x441, 117.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.nindalf.com/posts/stop-citing-tiobe/
zdnet.com/article/programming-language-rust-mozilla-job-cuts-have-hit-us-badly-but-heres-how-well-survive/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

someone rewrote it in C like or something?

very nice

>fixed memory leak
Someone rewrote a C part to Rust most probably.

Attached: 1533531727527.png (297x213, 72.38K)

TIOBE says its very unlikely

Attached: rust.png (1756x2062, 243.31K)

We are gonna make it bros

Attached: V6B6RORIAQ5RTFVNVEAQXZ4NWQ-504014980.jpg (1440x1029, 99.75K)

Firefox is like 30% rust code though and webrender is literally a rust component

>C is more popular than JavaScript
TIOBE is fake news.

the changed files were rust source files. curious.

>tiobe
TIOBE is not a good source: blog.nindalf.com/posts/stop-citing-tiobe/
also, Mozilla literally MADE Rust, and Rust is a whole third of the Firefox codebase, retard. So implying that Mozilla hasnt picked up Rust yet is so fucking retarded I cannot fathom it.

Yeah, those files were calling libraries written in C.

>Mozilla literally MADE Rust, and Rust is a whole third of the Firefox codebase
and it bit them in the ass so bad, that they had to fire the CO and rewrite the rust parts, lmao
zdnet.com/article/programming-language-rust-mozilla-job-cuts-have-hit-us-badly-but-heres-how-well-survive/

>not reusing mostly RO library objects from the outset
nice code retards

If you guys read the link you can see it wasn't to do with the language, just the code itself using more than it neededto, to do something

>retarded
lel i just dont care about firetranny, is all

then its a rust problem
woopsie doo

it sure looked like someone left his memory management to garbage collectors
thence the previous post

Mozilla fired the people creating the Rust language to save costs. It had already outgrown them so there was no reason to keep them around when amazon/microsoft/google/netflix can pay them to create the language and mozilla benefits for free. The actual rust users inside Mozilla working on Firefox were not fired, and the amount of rust in Firefox is still steadily increasing

Sure, but that is not the point I was trying to make and that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, as a matter of fact. I never said Rust was good, I said Mozilla was already using Rust, which the other user implied they werent, despite the fact that they made it. I dont know how what you said even matters at all to this current conversation.
>rewrite the rust parts, lmao
Oh they are fucking not, they just remerged old C++ files into the tree in their place while they sorted some bugs out through the last two years. Their plan is, very much so, still, to replace all C++ code in the codebase with Rust eventually.

>and rewrite the rust parts
Which rust part was rewritten in another language?

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji-Emoji-Island.png (640x640, 135.68K)

yeah i know
if i mentionned C its because you have explicit control over your memory and so you tend not to do retarded shit garbage collectors are capable of

> they just remerged old C++ files
Can I see some commits? You seem to know a lot about this topic.
Rust also offers explicit control over memory and assembly.

but librewolf already uses like 0 ram

then youre back to C
look its not that i hate rust

its just that its reinventing the wheel, only worse

>firefox using rust is unlikely
Brain damage.

This.
Mozilla has no reason to use C++ anymore for Firefox, Rust has proven to work perfectly as a drop-in replacement for this class of software while still having the same performance and footprint AND be more safe.
Mozilla would save a lot of money spent fixing memory or type related bugs by switching to Rust, and saving money is a bottom line for them right now because they are a donation based company.

Javabros, I don't feel so good

no
just 0 fucks given about your thrash browser

>Can I see some commits? You seem to know a lot about this topic.
Can you go fucking look for them yourself? Their github page is public, go scroll back to 2020. Im not your fucking slave.
How fucking dare you ask me to labor for you?

Anybody who knows that Rust even exist also knows that it's affiliated with mozilla. That comment reveals actual brain damage.

beautiful language
exactly what i expect oop to look like
didnt learn it yet, but as soon as im made, thats what ill be doing

>then youre back to C
??
Does C have RAII, Compile time Borrow Checker, Modules, Maximally constrained generics, iterators etc?
>Can you go fucking look for them yourself?
Why the hell would I do that? You are the one making claims and all I asked is to provide proof. Why are you getting so defensive over this? Curious.

Attached: one_eyebrow_raised.jpg (800x450, 31.25K)

>make a claim
>OK, do you have proof?
>Wehhhhh, you should be doing my homework for me!
Consider suicide

Attached: 45d4790940a996291f86288e22ae2517.jpg (640x725, 65.39K)

youre desperate about that brain damage
why are you so insecure, rustranny?
your language is thrash, just own it

I don't give a fuck about rust, retard.

>learn c it's the best language to learn to code
>Learn c++ it's oop you need to learn oop
>Learn java we don't need to do all that memory stuff anymore
>Dude just learn python machine learning is everywhere every tutorial is in python now bro
>No you gotta learn rust rust is the future muh crab

What the fucking point? When are we gonna have googoogaga language where you just hit buttons on a screen like Idiocracy to make things? Computers were a mistake.

Attached: unnamed.png (600x320, 115.64K)

>Why the hell would I do that? You are the one making claims and all I asked is to provide proof. Why are you getting so defensive over this? Curious.
Because my cousin just died last week and I am not in the mood to fucking labor for you?
Have you considered that not everyone wants to spoonfeed you?
Have you considered that I came here to scream at people because I am mad at life?

Why else would I come on Any Forums?
I never said that. I said that its not my fucking problem if you dont believe me. The github page is public. Use duckduckgo nigger. Im not your maid.

Im sick of you lazy faggots who dont know how to use a search engine. /sqt/, as a title, is redundant, because all questions are stupid. learn to google + rtfm.

learn c first, make some projects and then go to c++ or rust whatever, the two are similar
if you like embedded stuff learn lua, if you live web stuff learn javascript it isn't hard to learn things if you know what you want

RAII - check. (whats the scope of a function)
Compile time Borrow Checker - rust-specific retardation
Modules - check (i mean are you retarded?)
Maximally constrained generics - duh, check (coooompiler checks the type youre feeding your functions)
iterators - check (another duh. how would you navigate a linked list otherwise)

yeah, like i worte.
C only worse. because blue haired thrash made it more complicated than it ought to be.
instead of learning how the machine works, you have to learn to anticipate your language's quirks. like in python.
except you dont have a common set of specs for rust so its even worse.

so, no, i wont pollute my mind with useless garbage language that rust is.

>Because my cousin just died last week and I am not in the mood to fucking labor for you?
is Any Forums your fucking psychologist? go cope somewhere else faggot

He is a paid shills, he don't care to learn about rust problems, his job is to deny their existence.