What’s it like working in person at FAGMAN or any tech company as a Software Engineer?

What’s it like working in person at FAGMAN or any tech company as a Software Engineer?

Attached: F301432A-75F1-49D8-82CC-779D903A606A.jpg (750x731, 310.92K)

10 useless meetings a day and getting literally nothing done

Did you get the memo?

I've heard working at google is nice. Never heard much positive about the rest though

AWS has personally been comfy, syseng though not sde or se

Look at Mr. Fancypants here who got a cubicle and is still complaining.

Attached: Open-plan-office-014.jpg (2560x1536, 1.32M)

I've worked at FAGMAN for a few years now. Lots of meetings, doc writing, oncall BS, performance reviews. Coding is probably 30% of the job and its not even hard. Pretty great money though.

>Coding is probably 30% of the job
I would probably quit in the first year.

Same here.
I can code for 8 hours and time passes in the blink of an eye, but I cannot stomach meetings and useless bullshit.
At least working remote I can browse Any Forums or jack off during meetings.

it's nice
>google dublin

Attached: 1628765812981.png (936x624, 983.14K)

Google is peak comfy, desu.
They have internal frameworks for everything. Finishing tasks is a breeze.
All you have to do is put together lego blocks built beforehand by people much better than you.
And you get to do this while collecting a hefty paycheck.

People bitching about cubicles feels almost insulting now. A cubicle is a semi-office. You've got privacy, walls, your own space. Now it's just hell.

no wonder why they're preparing a big layoff lmao

Cool. Why you guys can't add block for YouTube community posts in tablet apps?

>just started job
>literally zero experience in the field
>I already have a semi private office with my name on it
Life's good working for the government

I work for eastern European Product/Outsourcing company. After Wuhan COVID outbreak we work primarily from home, but have an OK office space. We have access to a lot of internal and external learning tools, internal social network and other similar things, but most people who do actual work don't have a lot of time to use them. Also, we have our own server infrastructure (Azure Stack or something), that can be procured fast not only for project needs, but also for some own non-profit needs.

Actual workload, paycheck, technology stack, management quality, team building activities depend mostly on you project, which can be changed fairly easy if you don't like it/have problems on it. Generally, it's 5-6 hours of coding, and 2 hours for meetings, personal calls with colleagues and code review. Most newbies primarily fix bugs and do simple refactoring and require a lot of attention from senior staff. Around senior position it is most interesting, as you design and implement complex solutions and mentor younger teammates. Higher than that you spend more and more time working only on high-level designs, talking, assessing, overseeing.

Upper management sometimes makes somewhat stupid or excessively paternalistic decisions, but tend to react to complaints, so it's mostly OK too.

After war started, company took a lot of effort to relocate and accommodate colleagues from affected locations, which was nice. Rare case, when a lot of competent, but non-technical staff can be useful.

office is nice, but working like that is uncomfortable as f. just lie down a bit , or relax in the comfy chair\sofa and get back to work after

Same as any other job in information technology.

You go into work around 830 or 9 AM. If you are lucky, your boss isn't a cunt, so you get in around 8:40 or 9:10 and nobody really cares, much less pays any mind.

You power on your machine and make your coffee or tea and you go back to your machine and read emails and chats that came in and look at tickets or whatever the fuck and adjust your workflow. In my case, I get tickets and projects and plan all tickets that morning for the next day unless my supervisor dictates it must be done at a certain time.

Then there are meetings. There are several meetings a day in between appointments and project/research time, all of which are pointless. Management is getting paid more than you to be retarded with the technology they own and paid for, but have no idea how to operate it or its capabilities, despite insisting they meddle with the 4 consultants from the vendor who came to help install the fucking technology, which only increased the billable hours by an additional day's worth of time, and they still don't know how anything works, and will forget a week later, asking you the same fucking question. If you tell them you told them last week, they tell you to make a KB, which takes an hour of time you do not have because the HR team takes six months to hire a person who leaves after a year and a half for better pastures because the organization still thinks this is 1997 and you can enhance and synergize employee loyalty with pizza parties when in reality the paycheck is what makes people work and keeps them from being stressed, something a middle schooler could figure out.

But I work at a university, so it's eh.

Attached: 1641481846685.gif (500x475, 750.67K)

>globohomo wall art
>bean bag cushions like an 8 year old's basement hangout
>random bamboo sticks
>30 different types of light fixtures from Ikea

and you'll never experience it!

God I hope not.